Dillon, Colorado (August 10-11)

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Anybody else going to be at Dillon this year? We're making the trip and hoping for better results. We did sign up to vend BBQ though. Since we have never done this at a contest before, I wasn't sure but should we get umbrella insurance first? It's basically just a "buck-a-bone" type thing on a very large scale from what I understand. In all the discussion I've had about the vending there, I never considered umbrella insurance for it until reading stuff tonight about that Chicago mess.

Next year. I love Q'n in colorado. Can't beat that weather.
From what I've seen just about every contest in CO seems to offer the "buck a bone" deal.

I talked to some guys this weekend about vending there. Lots of money to be made. Good luck.

In all the discussion I've had about the vending there, I never considered umbrella insurance for it until reading stuff tonight about that Chicago mess.

Hey Jeff.

What Chicago mess?

Thanks

Scottie

Pretty sure he's talking about the Taste of Chicago and the hundred's that reported food poisoning. Turned out to be a local resturant that had a food booth at the event.

Yep, Scottie and Tonto, that's what I was referring to. So anyone know whether insurance for something this simple is advisable?

Received the Dillon contest info packet in eMail and it seems from the team list that we're the ONLY Brethren team competing there next weekend. My attitude has been cleaned up a bit thanks to advice from several Brethren and a few others and I hope to represent well with the banner flyin'! If not, I hope we make a chitload of cash from sales instead. :twisted:

Gonna be some good teams there... Pink Flamingo out of I believe Arkansas, Johnny Trigg, Quau, 4 Legs Up, Slabs, etc. Will definitely be interesting.

Good luck. If you got he Salsa info I provided you might try that.

Good luck Jeff! Fly The Brethren flag high!

Talked to a local Dentist last. Dr. Bohon and his wife Betty. They will be there to just walk around and taste Q. I guess they have gone before. THey said it is awesome. I told him to look you up as you were the only one I knew who was going. I gave him your team name. SO don't be surprised when someone walks up and asks if you know the Belly Brothers!

Jeff, have fun and enjoy yourself at Dillon. Good luck as well.

Good luck Jeff! Fly The Brethren flag high!

Talked to a local Dentist last. Dr. Bohon and his wife Betty. They will be there to just walk around and taste Q. I guess they have gone before. THey said it is awesome. I told him to look you up as you were the only one I knew who was going. I gave him your team name. SO don't be surprised when someone walks up and asks if you know the Belly Brothers!

I'll look for them. My step dad is a dentist so I'm sure we'll have plenty to talk about. :wink:

Good luck. If you got he Salsa info I provided you might try that.

Lee, I didn't enter the salsa contest and I'm not sure what salsa info you're talking about. did you tell me something when I had partaken of too much booze? :lol:

Mostly packed up and ready to roll west around 2pm tomorrow. This is gonna be a load of work I'm thinking. Thank God we won't have all this stuff to haul back home Monday. Wow!

What are you planning to vend? Wish you the best of luck. Never been there in the summer, sure love the skiing at Keystone in winter. Hope to do that again before I get too old!

Yep, good luck and have fun Jeff!! At the very least enjoy the weather...suppose to be in the low 70's days and high 40's at night at Dillon....the rest of us will be dying with the 90's and 100+ temps:twisted: :twisted:

BTW.... cool team Bio on the BBQ on the summit site!!!:cool:

Be sure to look up Donny Teal(Buffalo), Darcy Hicks(Ring of Fire), and TBone Thomas(Smokin' Bones).

They are all Tulsa area cooks(very good ones), great guys and really know how to have fun.

Back