MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:18 PM   #76
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
This is not an injury, and I know it's not a common issue around here, but anybody with long hair should tie it back before bending down into a UDS when cleaning it, no matter how careful or steady you think you are. Don't ask me how I know this.
I can relate to this one.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 03-02-2015, 08:19 PM   #77
Wornslick
is one Smokin' Farker

I've cut myself, burned myself, stuck sharp knifes in myself and poured hot liquids on my flesh but the best one happened at our old house which had a small side porch which had 4 steps leading down to a small concrete slab where I had my homemade stainless grill. I was grilling some pork steaks after a afternoon at the local watering hole. Mrs. Slick was setting on the top step and in one graceful motion I tried to step around her, missed the step and fell face first onto ground between the house and the concrete. A few scrapes and a sore knee for a few days was my reward.

Not to mention the burns on the roof of my mouth trying BBQ that was a little to hot.

Baby Stumps

Blue Weber, with a table

" The sunshine bores the daylights out of me "
Wornslick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2015, 08:22 PM   #78
peeps

Damn, Will!!! That's crazy!!!!
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2015, 08:27 PM   #79
bbqwilly
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps View Post
Damn, Will!!! That's crazy!!!!
Tell me about it. Its a funny story now, but at the time I felt awful. And my kids were ticked at me until she came back
TQ 250 deluxe ([COLOR="Red"]gone but not forgotten[/COLOR])
[COLOR="Blue"]"Let me get a Diablo Sandwich and a Dr Pepper. Make it fast I'm in a gosh dang hurry"[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]IMBAS[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Certified[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]MOINK[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Baller[/COLOR]
bbqwilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2015, 10:47 PM   #80
Mo-Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Just a couple days ago I was making some sauce, I went to taste it, it was a lot hotter than I thought. Not only did I burn my lip, tongue, and inside of my mouth, I bit my lip and tongue, dropped the spoon and got sauce all up the front of shirt. It was one of the worst reactions to any kind of burn or cut I have had in a long while, and I have had my share.
Dave

Old 03-03-2015, 07:21 AM   #81
insaneh
Full Fledged Farker

What's with all the flip flops?!!!
Not bad but probably NSFW

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-03-2015, 08:16 AM   #82
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

The only BBQ injuries I can really recall having are all related to over-eating.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2015, 08:27 AM   #83
peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
The only BBQ injuries I can really recall having are all related to over-eating.
No injuries from chewing and swallowing tin?

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]

Old 03-03-2015, 11:38 AM   #84
bbq.tom
is One Chatty Farker

I've also cut off the tip of my thumb on a mandolin trying to get that last slice!

But the one that sticks out most in my memory is the time I was grilling some steaks for the wife and in-laws and was trying to come into the house from the deck with a plate of steaks, tongs used to flip the meat, and one of our CUTCO knives. While attempting to turn the door knob the knife slipped off the plate and I caught it on the way down - BY THE EDGE OF THE BLADE! Quite a nice deep cut across my palm - one of the benefits of always using a "sharp knife"!
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]CBJ - MBN, NCBS, NCPC, SBN[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]CTC - KCBS[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]4 Lil' Pigs Competition BBQ Team[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]270-Sumo, LANG, BDS, & Holland Epic[/COLOR][/SIZE]
bbq.tom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2015, 11:45 AM   #85
kn51
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylntghost View Post
happened to me once at work with habs. after a trip to restroom had to wrap it in a cold rag so i could work the rest of the day. they still talk about that 6 years later.
Amateurs. Did habaneros with no gloves then did a #2. Who would of thought TP or a Sears catalog would spread capsaicin that well.

Another word of advice, don't cut up jalapenos without gloves and then get intimate with your significant other.
kn51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2015, 11:49 AM   #86
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn51 View Post

Another word of advice, don't cut up jalapenos without gloves and then get intimate with your significant other.
that's some need to know information right there!
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2015, 11:53 AM   #87
peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn51 View Post
Amateurs. Did habaneros with no gloves then did a #2. Who would of thought TP or a Sears catalog would spread capsaicin that well.

Great tips!!!

Old 03-03-2015, 11:59 AM   #88
bassmaster16
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqwilly View Post
I unloaded a charcoal chimney last week wearing flip flops. Never again
Been there and done that. Ouch!

Old 03-03-2015, 12:19 PM   #89
cmohr74
Full Fledged Farker

Not so much BBQ, but the prep for it. I decided I wanted to play with a hot and fast butt on Sunday. Saturday night I grab a butt I had in the fridge I was defrosting from late last years comp season that was vacuum sealed up. Got everything setup on the counter and went to reach for my gloves on top of the kitchen cabinet. not even a beer in, a lost my footing on something the dog or kids left behind. I caught myself on the cabinet that was holding the gloves. In a split second, the Vitamix blender fell off the top of the cabinet, with the pure luck that my face was there to break it's fall. How did the blender fall off the cabinet you ask? Oh, that's because the kitchen cabinet ripped off the wall and the rest of me broke the fall of the cabinet full of plates and bowls. Cursed house flippers only had that cabinet in the wall with 2 screws that weren't even near a stud. So after I manage to get the cabinet and everything off of me, my 4 year old son sees that my face is bleeding and wants to help. He goes into the bathroom to find a Band-Aid and all I hear is another loud bang. I go in there to find he dropped my electric razor on the tile floor and broke it into a couple pieces. At this point, I'm laughing. I tell my wife I'm trimming my pork butt and I'm not speaking until I'm done with it. I go to grab my fillet knife, cut open the food saver bag and got the whiff or some serious rotten pork. I put the knife in the sink, without saying a word, kissed the wife and kids, and walked to bed...my day was done.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:40 PM   #90
THoey1963

Name/Nickname : Terry

Wow Dan. Bad to worse to I quit in a matter of minutes...

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote