MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
bobaftt
is one Smokin' Farker

Default lemonade/ Strawberry lemonade

We are going to offer lemonade and strawberry lemonade at the apple festival this year. I was wondering if any of yall had recipes for making lemonade in large quantities.
bobaftt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

You can pick a winner and scale accordingly: http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes...hTerm=lemonade

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous BBQ - "Walk with Us"

My weapons: Humphrey's Smokers
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
Ashmont
Babbling Farker

Look up Aunt Bertie's on the interweb. It is concentrate but makes 5 gallons at a time.

Proud member of Brethren Weber's for life

(Rescued 7 kettles in 2007, 1 in 2008, 2 in 2009 and 1 in 2010 Three of which I have and 8 that have gone to Brethren. PM me to get on the waiting list)

Weber Kettle Dabomb
Weber Kettle Justintime
Weber Kettle (Yet to be named by Daughter) Evil Twin Suggested!
Weber Kettle Grace
WSM "Winni"
WSM "Dumas"
One Smokey Joe
UDS "Peggy Sue"
http://ashsmoderndayclubhouse.blogspot.com/
Ashmont is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
bobaftt
is one Smokin' Farker

Nice! Thanks!
bobaftt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

Try this first but I think it is 2 cups lemon concentrate, 2 cups sugar per gallon of water. I make a simple syrup with with the sugar and it was great but I only did it once and it was a few months ago.
HBMTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2011, 07:23 AM   #6
Ashmont
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMTN View Post
Try this first but I think it is 2 cups lemon concentrate, 2 cups sugar per gallon of water. I make a simple syrup with with the sugar and it was great but I only did it once and it was a few months ago.

Being Diabetic I wonder if you could do that with Splenda or some other fake sugar. I miss real lemonade!

(Rescued 7 kettles in 2007, 1 in 2008, 2 in 2009 and 1 in 2010 Three of which I have and 8 that have gone to Brethren. PM me to get on the waiting list)

Weber Kettle Dabomb
Weber Kettle Justintime
Weber Kettle Grace
WSM "Winni"
WSM "Dumas"
One Smokey Joe
UDS "Peggy Sue"

Old 09-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #7
SmokeOCD
is one Smokin' Farker

Are you gonna squash lemons on-site in front of the customer? That usually translates into more expensive lemonade. Sweet n Sour mix goes in the main water supply, I used Evon's. Use a Coleman water cooler to store this mixture. Into a 32 oz cup - Squash half a lemon, third cup of sugar, scoop of ice and top off with your sweet n sour water. The lemon rind has to go in the cup - it makes a big difference. Then you shake it up like a martini, serve, collect $5. Worst part is finding the big 32 oz souvenir cups. Offer refills for $3 and you got customers all day.
SmokeOCD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2011, 09:46 PM   #8
PorkQPine
Full Fledged Farker

Country Time lemonade powder, just add water. It is actually very good and we get compliments on our lemonade all the time. We add some sliced lemons for eye candy.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #9
OL' Timer
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashmont View Post
Being Diabetic I wonder if you could do that with Splenda or some other fake sugar. I miss real lemonade!
I always make a gal of splenda lemonadfe for my diabetic customers. Its as good as real sugar. The 2 cups real lemon juice, 2 cups sugar to gal is about perfect. We add a pinch of baking soda to it like we do when making iced tea.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #10
Ashmont
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL' Timer View Post
I always make a gal of splenda lemonadfe for my diabetic customers. Its as good as real sugar. The 2 cups real lemon juice, 2 cups sugar to gal is about perfect. We add a pinch of baking soda to it like we do when making iced tea.
What does the baking soda do?

Weber Kettle Dabomb
Weber Kettle Justintime
Weber Kettle Grace
WSM "Winni"
WSM "Dumas"
One Smokey Joe
UDS "Peggy Sue"

Old 10-03-2011, 04:03 AM   #11
OL' Timer
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashmont View Post
What does the baking soda do?
keeps tea and lemonade from souring in the case of tea and keeps lemonade from breaking down and the need to shake it.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #12
Smokenstein & monster crew
Full Fledged Farker

cut a tree down, add water.........just a suggestion
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]My smoker will eat your WSM for breakfast :becky:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Custom 55 gallon drum(s) smoker that chews wood spits out the embers. (no set it & forget it BBQ stuff for me)[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
Smokenstein & monster crew is offline   Reply With Quote