BBQ injuries????

bbqwilly

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So earlier today I was in the process of baking a potato. I went crazy on this thing and started stabbing it with a fork. I caught my finger with the fork and drew a little blood. This got me thinking.

We see all these amazing cooks, ingredients, temp and time. But what's reall going on? Share your battle scars, alcohol induced or not.

I remember the first time I read that. I dont think I have ever laughed so hard.

Taken slices off the tips of fingers when using a mandolin.

Multiple burns from grabbing or touching things that were hot. You know, when your reflexes are faster than your thoughts. <body reaching for something> Brain: Hmmm... <getting close> Brain: That might be... Me: AIIIGH! Brain: hot... Yep...

Never injured myself during a cook. Stay tuned. It will happen next weekend. RonL... Thanks for the laugh. I have attempted to stab my foot on several occasions but my reflexes are too quick.

Usually burn myself at least once or twice a week. If I would stop being cheap and get a good set of high temp gloves it would not be an issue.

The usual burns and cuts. Oh - and don't hold a split with one hand while using a hand maul with the other hand. Just don't. Estwing makes a fine product, yes they do.

The usual burns and cuts. Oh - and don't hold a split with one hand while using a hand maul with the other hand. Just don't. Estwing makes a fine product, yes they do.

Hopefully you still have all 10 fingers.:becky:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Just a few burns and a singed mustach and eyebrows. I did cut the end of my left index finger..............on my pitmaster glove slicing brisket once. Glad the glove fingers were a little longer than my actual finger..:clap2:

Lol. You are from the south. We do that all the time

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Just a few burns and a singed mustach and eyebrows. I did cut the end of my left index finger..............on my pitmaster glove slicing brisket once. Glad the glove fingers were a little longer than my actual finger..:clap2:

I've had people ask me if I shave my arms. I always say no, I have a stick burner

When I started working at the restaurant my first few months were nothing but excessive cuts/burns (more than home or contests). The inside of my arms looked jacked up. Smokers and ovens get hot :shock:. Luckily after the beginning I figured it out and don't hurt myself to so much. At home and really anywhere I now find myself "tapping" everything to test the heat level since my brain is wired that everything you see could be a billion degrees hot and/or sharp :becky:.

Burned my arm pretty good trying to control temp on weber kettle. Oh and don't wear flip flops and use your charcoal chimney.

I'm not sure if this counts, but I have frequently eaten so much Q that I have been unable to move for at least 12-14 hours on several occasions.

Wasn't sure if I needed to go to the ED...

Back