Another Brick Pit Build

BrewerDJ

Knows what a fatty is.
So I have started my Brick Pit Build...finally. This is based off of Wilbur D. Hog and a few others with mods. I am incorporating a fireplace/grill & a second smoke chamber for cold smoking. I don't have any CAD or other computer drawings to put here. Everything is just hand drawn (badly). Yesterday we (me & my smoking buddy, Jeff) finished digging out the foundation and got that blocked and cemented.

This is the space dug out.
100_1761.jpg

This is leveling the trenches for the block.
100_1763.jpg

This is Jeff putting the last block in place.
100_1764.jpg

This is driving all the rebar stakes in.
100_1766.jpg

A close up of the rebar. Those thing are hard to drive in.
100_1767.jpg

This is a old pork shoulder bone from a previous BBQ.
100_1768.jpg

We anointed the bone with a little sauce and stuck it in one of the blocks. And then encased it on concrete. For good luck.:pray:
100_1770.jpg

This is all the blocks filled.
100_1771.jpg

And this is the finished foundation. It is 8 feet by 4 feet. The finished BBQ Station will be 88 inches by 40 inches. Not exactly sure about the height yet.
100_1773.jpg

And this is where we scratched our initials and a little proverb.:thumb:
100_1774.jpg

I think it would look better in my backyard. Please relocate before finishing, thanks. :p

Looks good :thumb:

Excellent start, hope to view the progress in due time.
(nice touch with the pork bone, Jimmy Hoffa would be proud!:rolleyes:)

excellent start, I am familiar with the "Wilber" model. Would love to have one myself someday. The bone in the foundation is awesome.

Off to a good beginning. I laughed when I saw the bone, nice touch. Though it kind of looks human now that I mention it. :wink:
Just think that if decades down the road, someone does a demo and comes across this cemented bone what they will be thinking!

Looks awesome! Love the idea of pork shoulder bone for luck. Anyway you can attach your drawings?

I appreciate the comments and the interest. I will be posting pictures along the way. I'm gonna try and clean up the "sketches" I have and scan them in. It's mostly in my head. I'll also post a sheet of parts and costs as I go along. The best pictures should be of my ugly welding.:redface:

Back