• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Wood chunks over the internet

Boudreaux

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I was looking at prices for Smoking wood chunks over the internet. That got me to thinking. "Do some of you really pay $2.25 (plus high shipping) and more for Smoke Wood Chunks over the internet...???

i just purchased wood junks from smokinlicious. Got a 35# box with wild cherry, hickory,and sugar maple. it was $47 and change that inluded shipping and taxes.

Yes, some of us do and may have no other choice. Most local stores only carry 2 or 3 different kinds. So if you want something that isn't Hickory, Mesquite, or Cherry you would need to find it yourself or buy it online.

Go here, they have good prices and shipping is included. They have a good selection too.
http://smokinlicious.com/

It seems, that like with anything else, the extra amount you pay isn't just for show. The wood I've seen that people have ordered reallly does look good, and not just any piece will make the cut. I've also heard from others that they do notice a difference. Similar with buying waygu briskets online- you pay a lot more, but there is a difference.

My best deals other than clearance sales at Home Depot and Lowes are from do it best.

Find a local participating hardware store, order on-line, pick-up at local store with no shipping fees. I use them when I run out of local wood, the chunks are nice fist sized pieces, sometime smaller splits, but more than happy.

doitbest.com (apple, cherry, ect)

doitbest.com (hickory, pecan, alder, mesquite)

Also find a local Treager dealer and you can buy pellets from them for cold smokers.

I have ordered from Smokey Bear’s Cooking Wood before and did not pay shipping however once I found Charcoal Warehouse up in Memphis my wood chunks and charcoal needs have been met.
We drive up to Memphis at least twice a month for other things.
I had no issues with Smokey Bear’s product or service other than I paid a little more.

After you spend hundreds or thousands on a pit and accesories, buy charcoal, rub, sauce, beer, meat, etc, a few bucks more for the wood you want is not really that much.

Sent from my Android phone.

well... I don't know about the $2.25, but I've spent considerably more than that plus high shipping from several different places. I like to try and replicate the region I'm imitating; so I get wood shipped in from all over. Being from the southwest I have 100lb shipments of post oak sent to me here in NY from a company in TX. That costs me roughly half of what I spend on a mixed cord here. Crazy? Maybe. Obsessed? Definitly.

It's all relevant to what you're trying to put out for product. Even though I compete, I still like eating great food at home, meaning yes I will pay for or obtain high priced things to make that happen. Same with protiens, now costly.For example when I raced sprint cars, we would spend two grand to save four pounds on a dirt car. Not saying it's always the best way to spend, but if it works. Luckily we now have places like Smoke Me BBQ Wood, Fruita Wood and many other good ones to order from. Steve.

There are many Academy Sporting Good Stores in Louisiana, have you checked them out?

Lafayette isn't far from you, there is one there.

Back