My Official list of Sides for Catering Needs your HELP

jacob

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
OK been working on this a while and have only decided on a few. One most recently.
#1 Texas Potatoes-some may remember the post of them.
#2 Keri's Hog Apple Beans- because damn there GOOD
#3 Cole Slaw- around here it just goes with Que.
#4 Corn on the Cob

All of the above are quick and simple to make but I need a few more like it but different. I thought of potato salad, but to make it like I would like it served to me takes too much time.

So how about some more ideals from my Brothers. Sharing a secret recipe is not necessary. Sometimes the regional difference is enough to get folks attention.
Want to help a Brother out?:cool:

Last edited:
What do you do with the Zucchini, folks around here like the stuff. I have cut it into strips and fried in penut oil but thats it.

It's my mom's recipe. She made it for years. I remember them when i was just a little farker.

ZUCCHINI APPETIZERS
3 CUPS THINLY SLICED ZUCCHINI
1 CUP BISQUICK

½ CUP FINELY CHOPPED ONION
½ CUP GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
½ TSP. SALT
½ TSP SEASONED SALT
½ TSP. OREGANO
½ TSP. PEPPER
1 CLOVE OF GARLIC, FINELY CHOPPED
½ CUP VEG OIL
4 EGGS SLIGHTLY BEATEN

HEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES. LIGHTLY GREASE OBLONG PAN. MIX ALL INGREDIENTS THROUGHLY AND SPREAD INTO PAN. BAKE UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN, ABOUT 45 MINUTES. CUT INTO 2”X 1” SQUARES. SERVE WARM.

It's my mom's recipe. She made it for years. I remember them when i was just a little farker.

ZUCCHINI APPETIZERS

1 CUP BISQUICK

½ TSP. SALT
½ TSP SEASONED SALT
½ TSP. OREGANO
½ TSP. PEPPER
½ CUP VEG OIL
4 EGGS SLIGHTLY BEATEN

HEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES. LIGHTLY GREASE OBLONG PAN. MIX ALL INGREDIENTS THROUGHLY AND SPREAD INTO PAN. BAKE UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN, ABOUT 45 MINUTES. CUT INTO 2”X 1” SQUARES. SERVE WARM.

that sounds really good, I will be trying this soon. Thanks

Pouch potatoes
Mexican rice
Charro Beans

Can help you on recipes for these.

Grilled Veggies are a hit
Smoky Mac and Cheese
Tossed Green Salad

green beans with a little bacon
pasta salad with olive oil, cheese, bacon, pepperoni, olives, tomato, etc - it's easy to make and you can make it in advance.

Zuchinni Cake. Sorry I dont have the recipe but im sure Google would be your friend here.

Dont forget a veggie tray as well.

ZUCCHINI APPETIZERS

1 CUP BISQUICK

½ TSP. SALT
½ TSP SEASONED SALT
½ TSP. OREGANO
½ TSP. PEPPER
½ CUP VEG OIL
4 EGGS SLIGHTLY BEATEN

Yep... Zuchinni Pie... Same recipe for my family.. I bet is was on the back of the Bisquick box about 30-40 years ago and it morphed into a family recipe... I like extra garlic, pepper and grated cheese. I also like it served cold better.

My wife makes a great Pea Salad and it's simple and quick. Just three ingredients. Peas, tomatoes diced up and mayo. Mix and chill.

Back