Mixed feelings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billsharp34

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Well finally got my stumps. Had a big blow out with ups. They said they are not equipped to deliver to homes. They only have 18 wheelers with no lift gate. Well anyway got it home and not really happy about the quality of it. Just really expected a lot more. The metal is really thin and welds are not that great. The holes for the wheels do not like up well. The food gates are warped from welding. The spacing in between racks are all different. With all that being said it really holds the heat well. Will see how well it cooks. I guess I expected a lot more from a guy like stumps.

ADMIN EDIT.. STUMPS HAS RESPONDED TO THIS ISSUE. READ OUTCOME HERE.

POST 132 IN THIS THREAD.

Attachments

• 20170414_093648.jpg
    20170414_093648.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,256
  • 20170415_171049.jpg
    20170415_171049.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,244
I guess when you have a slogan "Stump Don't Build No Junk"! I would be expecting more also. Very suprising..... Glad I ruled them out.

I'd take some pics of the things you're complaining about and email them and see what they say. I've never had a Stumps but it sounds like you've got some serious issues with yours which might have been some kind of QC mishap. Good luck!

Sorry to hear about your issues. Can't believe UPS gave you that line of BS, they delivered my LSG with a lift gate.

UPS freight truck with lift gate after he unloaded my LSG Offset.

IMG_20160706_105851493.jpg

Ya it is bs but the ups place was only 25 mins away and I didn't have to wait around all day waiting for them to show up. They also said if the driver came out and was not able to get to my house i would have to pay 90 dollars.

Sorry to hear about the issues, seems very different from the stories of the Stumps of old...

Ya it is bs but the ups place was only 25 mins away and I didn't have to wait around all day waiting for them to show up. They also said if the driver came out and was not able to get to my house i would have to pay 90 dollars.

If it's any consolation, after my LSG touched down in Cali from TX, I had to wait a few days for the delivery company to find a truck with a proper lift gate to drop my 1500lb beast at the house. Unusual items for driveway deliveries take special accommodations to be arranged. Don't know about the other issues you're having with Stumps but they have awesome rep around these parts so I'd shoot them an email. Sometimes things happen.

Good luck!

Well after sending pic and talking with them was pretty much told that's the way it's meant to be and his workers are doing the best they can. WOW ok then. Stumps builds junk get you a assassin smoker.

Man, that's a shame. Maybe you should share this thread with the folks from Stumps. Stumps know better than to respond that way.

Word of mouth and photos can be a business killer.
Just ask United Airlines -

Best of luck!!

I wouldn't like that either even if it cooks fine. That sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back