MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
Fliehigh
Got Wood.

Default Green Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies with pron

So while bragging at work about my Egg and stating that I can cook anything on it that you can do on the stove or in an oven I was challenged to bake some cookies. One of the ladies at work was kind enough to mix me up some batter so all I had to do was "Bake" them.
Set the egg up for indirect with a pizza stone and brought the dome temp up to around 300, with a piece of parchment paper on the stone.

Egg coming up to temp and cooling racks ready.

Batch 1 on ready to cook......sorry bake.

Batch 1 cooling and batch 2 now on with some apple wood smoke (I had to try some smoke) :-)

Had enough dough left for one big cookie!

over all they where great cookies. The second batch with apple wood smoke was unique to say the least and I actually enjoyed them.
The next batch will have to have bacon!!!

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Fliehigh; 08-20-2012 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: Spelling error
Fliehigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 08-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
Smoothsmoke
Babbling Farker

Looks great man. I've got to give it a go.
Smoothsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
Fliehigh
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothsmoke View Post
Looks great man. I've got to give it a go.

Although I liked the ones I "smoked" most people didn't so I would recommend leaving that out.
Fliehigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
Smoothsmoke
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliehigh View Post
Although I liked the ones I "smoked" most people didn't so I would recommend leaving that out.
Yeah I could imagine that. I bet the lump gives enough smokey flavor, but to us smokers it's not enough.
Smoothsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote