Posting boxes...

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I don't compete, but I do look at turn in boxes in this forum, from time to time.

As a professional photographer, I've notice occasional comments about the color of meats. I've taken a few of those images into photoshop, and checked the whites and blacks for color correctness, and they have always been off.

Trying to get feedback on a turn in box with out a color corrected image is going to be tough, and those commenting on the box need to keep in mind that the actual color of the meat may not be what you are seeing on the screen.

Add in the fact that most people don't have color calibrated monitors, like I have, and you add another difficulty judging the color of meats.

Just something to keep in the back of your mind when looking at turn-in boxes in this forum.

CD

You sound like my wife! I know better than to ask her to take a quick photo of my food/boxes. It's never quick and it's never that easy.

Fortunately when we do have the time she has the tools and can turn out some great pics. I agree with all you've said, it really makes a difference.

Most people don't have color calibrated monitors?? I would be confident that you are likely the only person that is color calibrated. Even with color calibrated, its not going to be completely accurate unless you color correct with the food in front of you.

...and then there was the time my teammates thought buying a red EZ UP was a good idea. Team colors and all, right? They came damn close to getting a 180 on the ribs, and we don't even know what they really looked like.

"Why are they so red? Hey, why is everything red? Doh!" :rolleyes:

...and then there was the time my teammates thought buying a red EZ UP was a good idea. Team colors and all, right? They came damn close to getting a 180 on the ribs, and we don't even know what they really looked like.

"Why are they so red? Hey, why is everything red? Doh!" :rolleyes:

Jah, we suffered with a red tent for a few events last year. The sponsor bought it because it looked good, and we thought so too until we realized that it was impossible to see a box under it. So we ended up doing the Hokey Pokey for a few months stepping out into the sunlight to check until the replacement black tents came in. :wacko:

Interesting post...too bad there is no lense or gadget that can duplicate the human eye...:becky:

Back