My first briskets

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Still need to do my first one, waiting for the UDS to be finished.
Wondering what I will be posting 6 years from now of my first time. :-D

Cool. great pron. I'm especially pleased to see multiple briskets being cooked on the chargriller unit -- I've been wondering if I could get one on that top shelf. Thanks for sharing. :thumb:

They all look great thanks for sharing that! You're first brisket looks better than all of my briskets. :icon_blush:

Mista.....I just recently did my first brisket, and like you, couldn't have pulled off what I did without the help of the Brethren! I just HOPE that I'm cooking like you in 6 years! :becky:

Thanks for sharing. Briskets look great!:thumb:

Thanx guys. It's always fun to look back.

And the student becomes the master. (Kung Fu mod)

Thanks for sharing that. Been smoking a long time but still haven't done a brisket. SOON. Gotta get out to one of the farmers markets you set up at and try some of your Q.

Every time I see you on TV or read an article about you, I can say "Ha! I can remember when he didn't even know how to cook a brisket!". :p Of course, neither could I back then.
I am very happy for your success, you deserve it! I brag about you to the wifey all the time when I see an article on you. "He's old school Brethren!".

Congats, Neil! Every once in a while I like to go back to some of the old threads. Your's where you talk about being scared of trying a briskie is one of my favorites.

that rules. We're doing our first official comp brisket at york county next weekend. Anybody have any info on locating the "money meat" part of it. Trying to get down which part is best to serve. Also..anybody turn in burnt ends along with sliced???? any info helps. Thanks.

The money muscle is in pork, most slice the flat and make burnt ends with the point.

Good stuff Neil! I remember reading some of your old posts when searching the forum. You are one that gave me the knowledge that I could get good at this and to keep trying. With the help from many Brethren. Thanks!!!

You truly are an inspiration to a lot of us. Just a good old boy who loved to cook and made something out of it… You have done well.

Back