leftover potato salad=potato patties

S

smokinwig

Saturday I made some moms potato salad.all you do is peel and cook the taters,mash a little,cut up some onion,black olives,hard boiled eggs.Mix it all in with some real mayo.had so leftover so made potato patties.just added a egg and a little flour and browned them in a skillet.they awesome with some ketchup. wig

Waste not, want not -- potatoes and grease - can't be bad!

Made me laugh. Not hijacking your thread here wig, but I read "left over potato salad = potato salad sandwiches", I've got old eyes.

Years ago, I got up one morning and went out to the garage to check out the remnants of the previous evenings festivities. Note that I said years ago. Big biker bash, several kegs of beer and several cases of liquor were consumed. There sat my 15 year old son, arm in arm with "Big Bird". That was his nickname, a big ole boy and good friend. There they sat eating potatoe salad sandwiches on buns, both of which had been left out all night. I asked them "what the hell are you doing eating that chit?". There response? We ran out of meat. Gotta love it.

I've taken left over potato salad and whipped it and made mashed potatoes in the past. They are yellowish and have pieces of onion, celery etc in them, but they are good.

Back