Hard time deciding...ugh

AWilliams

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Getting rid of my Redbox smoker because it's too small and trying hard to decide between a Humphreys Weekender or Hastybake.....I want both. First world problems..right?..haha

Is the Q output really that good on the Humphreys? I do have a Weber kettle also and like the Q it produces but it's a bit small too with a big brisket or trying to do more than 2 racks of ribs thats why I'm looking at the Hastybake too.

I am very pleased with it. We did 15 racks of St. Louis ribs, two briskets, and 6 pork butts Thursday. It all turned out well.
jSYT08Nl.jpg

Out of those 2, Humphrey's.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've heard that you can not adjust the temp on a Hastybake, only the grill level. Might be worth checking.

I am very pleased with it. We did 15 racks of St. Louis ribs, two briskets, and 6 pork butts Thursday. It all turned out well.
jSYT08Nl.jpg

Certainly not on a Weekender seems like it would take several cooks on a Weekender to accomplish that quantity.

Certainly not on a Weekender seems like it would take several cooks on a Weekender to accomplish that quantity.

It was in response to the OP's follow up question about the quality of q coming off of a humphrey's.

I own 4 Humphreys and I love them all. I do a great deal of competing. My weekender and my Saturday ( smaller one) are my 2 favorite cookers. Lightweight and easy to use. Also, they can hold 3 hotel pans with no issue. Tonights apps for a party!

Attachments

• bacon-wrapped-chicken-bites-2.jpg
    bacon-wrapped-chicken-bites-2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 271
Darnit.....just came across a Meadowcreek pr36.....looks awesome. Too many decisions.

I can't speak about the Humphrey's Weekender, however, I have their Battle Box and absolutely love it! With the quality built into it, I will never have to purchase another smoker. I would make the same purchase again if I had to. Hope that helps.

I have a Weekender and a Hasty Bake Gourmet.

I prefer to smoke in the Weekender and grill on my Hasty Bake. Considering you have a kettle that you can grill on, I would recommend the Weekender for your needs.

You can smoke on the Hasty Bake but it isn't as efficient as it isn't insulated. Some folks smoke direct on the Hasty Bakes which would be faster but depending on whether or not you like your drippings directly on your charcoal this may or may not be for you.

If you like the HB you might consider the M grills M1 which has an adjustable fire grate like the HB but IMO has a better vent system. You can also use wood to smoke with if you want.

I have an older HB which is comparable to the newer Legacy. Like has been said before, I like it as a grill better than as a smoker but I've not tried to do any long term smokes on it. The Hasty Bake grill community group on Facebook has a lot of people who do all kind of smokes on the HB with great sucess so it can be done.

I own 4 Humphreys and I love them all. I do a great deal of competing. My weekender and my Saturday ( smaller one) are my 2 favorite cookers. Lightweight and easy to use. Also, they can hold 3 hotel pans with no issue. Tonights apps for a party!

Whatcha got there? Those look amazing

Back