How is a Mak received?

Av8er

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
My Mak is coming in tomorrow and fedex called to schedule delivery for tomorrow between 11 and 2. Mak told me to open the box and inspect for damage prior to accepting it or the damage will be all mine. The problem is, I will be stuck at work until they call and will have to go back to work after accepting it. My question is, when you accept it, how well is it packaged and would any damage be apparent without breaking down everything? I am going to be pressed for time when it’s delivered and will have minimal time before I have to leave to go back to work. Anyone have a pic of how it’s delivered?

Thanks in advance.

My Mak is coming in tomorrow and fedex called to schedule delivery for tomorrow between 11 and 2. Mak told me to open the box and inspect for damage prior to accepting it or the damage will be all mine. The problem is, I will be stuck at work until they call and will have to go back to work after accepting it. My question is, when you accept it, how well is it packaged and would any damage be apparent without breaking down everything? I am going to be pressed for time when it’s delivered and will have minimal time before I have to leave to go back to work. Anyone have a pic of how it’s delivered?

Thanks in advance.

It’s packaged extremely well. I got mine from bps. It should be obvious if damage has occurred.

Thanks in advance.
It's packed in a heavy duty cardboard box strapped to a pallet. I was home when mine was dropped off, the driver helped me get it off the pallet but I did not open the box until he was gone. The box was in perfect condition and the grill is well packed. I didn't take pictures of the unboxing, unless the pallet is dropped or the box was speared/hit by a forklift or something extremely heavy was stacked on it, I don't see how it could be damaged. If I couldn't have been home I wouldn't have worried about it.

Last edited:
Mine came strapped to a pallet as well. The packaging was top-notch. Congrats on the new MAK!

a405f2133ce2f4b8c880b5fcb490b9b8.jpg

Wooden pallet underneath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told by FedEx when they called to schedule my delivery it would require a signature, and it did.

a405f2133ce2f4b8c880b5fcb490b9b8.jpg

Wooden pallet underneath

Thanks that was the exact kind of pic I was looking for. I think damage will be evident when it’s packaged like that.

Thanks

Thanks that was the exact kind of pic I was looking for. I think damage will be evident when it’s packaged like that.

Thanks

There were straps all around it too...

I was concerned for the same reason as you, but the FedEx guy isn’t going to stand around while I unpack and inspect. The outside packaging looked immaculate so I wasn’t worried.
When I ordered my Stumps it probably took close to an hour to uncrate it. I can’t see a delivery guy waiting around for that long.

Yep, it’s solid packaging. Unless a sink hole opens and swallows the entire delivery truck, I wouldn’t worry one bit. :)

Well hell!!!
FedEx just called and pushed me out a day. That’s ok, I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas.

That gives you an extra day to line up a big, strong friend to help you put it together. The box and instructions call for two people to put it together - and I can attest - they're not kidding.

With all due respect to anyone that had trouble on their own, I assembled my 1 Star by myself relatively easily. I’m not a big guy either. Yes, it’s heavy. If you take your time and use common sense, then most adults that are reasonably fit can do it alone.

I was concerned for the same reason as you, but the FedEx guy isn’t going to stand around while I unpack and inspect.

I disagree. If you don't sign for it they'll wait until you do. Mine came with a hole in the side of the box but it looked like it had happened where there was a space in the box. I told the driver that because of the hole I was going to open it and check. It takes about 5 seconds to get the top off of box to be able to get a really good look inside. They're not leaving without that thing signed for so if you have a doubt don't sign.

Sorry I am new and dont want to step out of line but take the 5 min to open up the box you are spending too much $$$ to put it at risk. If there is any way to break it, FedEx will figure out how to do it. I have had $10k items come FedEx Freight that looked fine on the outside and had damage internally. offer the Driver a comfy chair to sit on and a cold Coca Cola. Like others said they will wait.

And now they had delivery set up with out a lift gate. They have to reschedule again. I hate FedEx!!!

And now they had delivery set up with out a lift gate. They have to reschedule again. I hate FedEx!!!

WOW, I’d be a bit steamed. Especially if you are having to work your schedule around their bloopers. It’ll eventually make it... hopefully before Christmas...lol.

I'm glad Fedex didn't deliver mine, can't remember the name of the freight company but ironically it was delivered from a terminal out of Mobile, the same driver delivered the Hunsaker too.

Still no Mak! I don’t know when I am going to get it. They haven’t called to setup another delivery date or anything. Pisses me off as I was hoping to break her in this weekend.

Still no Mak! I don’t know when I am going to get it. They haven’t called to setup another delivery date or anything. Pisses me off as I was hoping to break her in this weekend.

Have you called them? I’d be on the phone taking care of business if it were me... lol.

I’d be losing my mind.

Back