• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

A BBQ Brethren Event Hicksville Hose Co 4 BBQ cook off and car show September 23 2012 Hicksville NY

BlazinSS934

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Volunteer Hose Company of the Hicksville Fire Dept. is proud to announce its second annual BBQ cook off and car show

People Choice Ribs

Judged Rib,Chicken and burger/steak categories ( subject to change)

September 23 2012

Cantiague Park on West John Street in Hicksville NY

More details to come

Questions email co4cookoff@optonline.net or PM me

Are the peoples choice ribs donated?

What is set up time for competitors? Night before or day of and when would meat be inspected?

Does the hamburger category allow a bun?

Pork ribs for judging?

Peoples choice we supply 1 1/2 - 2 cases of ribs per team
You can supply your own pork ribs for the judged portion
As far as the chicken and beef categories its chefs choice. You wanna do filet mignon!?Do it !!! Or your an do a good all american burger. Same goes for the chicken category wings thigh breast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gates will open at 7 pm the night before for guys that want to setup Saturday evening. We will have security there so no problem with that. Day of event gate will open at 4 am like last year with captains meeting and rib distribution at 6 am.
I will have to check with Nassau county board of health about the inspection

Hi,

What are the restrictions on smokers? Propane allowed, or wood/charcoal fuels only?

Sorry for the delayed response. The event is in a Nassau county park so we need to be good guests and play by their rules. Wood and charcoal BBQ grills are ok. Small Green Coleman bottles are ok as are butane burners and white fuel. Basically they don't want a 20 lb propane tank floating around. Any further questions about fuel please PM me

Sal

RxCellent-Q is in

We are looking forward to this year's contest. Does anybody know details like turn in times, hours for peoples choice, and garnish rules etc?

What are the prizes? I unfortunately can't make it but somebody was asking me.

Back