Great Bend and Chest to Chest

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Anyone have a Web site address for the Great Bend Contest and Chest to Chest? I'm looking for more info and an entry form.

Based on your title, I was looking for some great pics. :icon_blush:

Kent had been having trouble getting stuff posted, he will be emailing I've heard.

Great Bend contest info

Jeff,

I am on the BBQ committee helping to work the contest. We had a meeting last night and Kent said the website is currently not working, but should be fixed soon. The website is

http://www.centralkansasbbq.com/

It is supposed to have the entry forms for Chest to Chest and the regular contest but is not linking right. Email or call the organizer, Kent Romine---- kromine@opiwireless.com or 620-793-2985.

Right now it sounds like there will be 20 or so Chest to Chest teams and 20+ more for the regular contest. Everyone come on in, we would love to have you! The cooks meeting for Chest to Chest will be a prime rib dinner at the current Jack Daniels champion's restaurant, 4 Legs Up BBQ Thursday evening.

David Keyse
Bignburlyman
Great Bend, KS

Looking forward to getting out west Thursday! Even got a sponsor that will pay for all the meat and then some! Forecast looks brutal though :shock: Can't recall ever being at a comp where it was well over 100 degrees, although Boone County Fair was a HOT farker!!

Thu
Jul 9

24.gif

Mostly Sunny / Wind

102°
75°

0% Precip

Fri
Jul 10

34.gif

Mostly Sunny

104°
75°

10%

Sat
Jul 11

32.gif

Sunny

104°
73°

10%

Looking forward to getting out west Thursday! Even got a sponsor that will pay for all the meat and then some! Forecast looks brutal though :shock: Can't recall ever being at a comp where it was well over 100 degrees, although Boone County Fair was a HOT farker!!

Thu
Jul 9

24.gif

Mostly Sunny / Wind

102°
75°

0% Precip

Fri
Jul 10

34.gif

Mostly Sunny

104°
75°

10%

Sat
Jul 11

32.gif

Sunny

104°
73°

10%

That's brutal! What are the odds of my getting you to pick up a couple of cases of Shiner for me? I'll pay you for mine, AND whatever you've picked up for yourself.

I'm spending Wed. afternoon getting the Hodedo rig turned around after the Griswald family vacation.

dang, that is brutal. good luck on just staying heathly!
i dont envy you guys at all.
I did Pacific where it was 99 both days and it took me a week to recover. I dont want any part of 104

That's brutal! What are the odds of my getting you to pick up a couple of cases of Shiner for me? I'll pay you for mine, AND whatever you've picked up for yourself.

I'm spending Wed. afternoon getting the Hodedo rig turned around after the Griswald family vacation.

Better yet, stop off in Wichita on your way up with some Lone Star long necks and I'll trade you for Shiners. :icon_cool

Better yet, stop off in Wichita on your way up with some Lone Star long necks and I'll trade you for Shiners. :icon_cool

I'm flying into KC, otherwise I'd bring my own:lol: I had a Lonestar again recently, and either my taste has really changed or it just isn't the same beer anymore.

I'm flying into KC, otherwise I'd bring my own:lol: I had a Lonestar again recently, and either my taste has really changed or it just isn't the same beer anymore.

Oh crap. That is not good news. :eek::sad:

Thu
Jul 9

24.gif

Mostly Sunny / Wind

102°
75°

0% Precip

Fri
Jul 10

34.gif

Mostly Sunny

104°
75°

10%

Sat
Jul 11

32.gif

Sunny

104°
73°

10%

Is it too late to get my money back?

I think we'll travel lite this weekend and leave the cooker at home. I figure some foil and a big magnifying glass should get everthing cooked in Tulsa.

Paul, I thought you were going to be poolside in Yates City.

Paul, I thought you were going to be poolside in Yates City.

I opted for the free T-shirts and prime rib dinner in Great Bend instead. Actually it was the bull penis for first place that swayed me.

If I was smart I would have opted for the swimming pool @ Yates but I'm rarely accused of being smart. Plus, since it' so far away the rest of my team cannot make it...they were holding me back anyway.:wink:

I don't know for sure but I don't think a fat man works well in 104F on asphalt next to cookers. I better bring an extra case of ice cold beer so as to avoid any health issues.:-D

I will be heading out after meetings on Thursday. May have a cool space to have a beer over at the sloppy creek camp.

Jorge, are you in KC already? I can grab you Shiner and bring it along. No problem. The "Griswald family vacation" LOL!!!!! Seems Clark was pretty successful at BBQ while out there on the road! :wink: HEY!! New nickname for Andy! Clark!!

The Griswolds are back in KS as of this evening! What a trip... but there will be a 5 page post on that later!! Time to get ready for the latest trip. from 60's/70's in NY to 104 in western KS!!! Game on!

I'll be seeing you at Andy's Wednesday night. I have gifts for you.

Also, I have all of your beer you left in Iowa. Light weight!

Back