New Smoke X4.

70monte

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I used my new Smoke X4 yesterday for the first time during an over 8 hr cook and it worked flawlessly. It never lost signal once.

My original Smoke in the same location would drop signal constantly to the point that is was pretty much useless. My Maverick 732 in the same location would lose signal occasionally.

Our internet out in the country is not always the best so I really didn't want anything wifi based. I rarely leave the house to go miles away when smoking so I didn't really need that capability. Back when my Gateway still worked, I only used it once to monitor temps while I was not at home. The rest of the time I used it was just so that my original Smoke would not drop signal so much.

So for those of you that just want something to replace another type of thermometer that doesn't work as well and you don't need or want something wifi based, you might give this new X4 a try.

Glad it is an improvement. It would be nice if Thermoworks offered a trade in for the original Smoke that barely works if a piece of toilet paper blocks it from the remote.

Glad it's doing better. I may get one when my new smoker is finished. Inkbird has worked but just feels cheaper and is definitely not as clean screen wise.

I ended up returning the one that I bought, due to a misunderstanding of features.

That said, of the brands I've tried, the FEEL of Thermoworks is the best. I also really like the displays. Their general attitude, is something I'm not a big fan of, though.

Back