Insulated vault smoker build plans

chargrill2369

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting an insulated vault smoker. Something like the t and k or Kat vaults. Now due to the economy and a lot of guys being out of work I thought I would see if someone in my area would be willing to build one for me. I have been looking on line but have not found what I am looking for. Can someone point me to where I can find some build plans to look at.

Skip the guys that you don't know and go with the T&K. I love mine. Easy to work with Tood and his work is top notch.

I'd suggest you buy used. If nothing else. You will learn what you do/don't like. Before you build one.
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Or buy a used one, if you don't like it. Change/modify anything you don't like. Find out for yourself what does/doesn't work for you.

My cabinet used to be reverse flow and insulated. None of that crap anymore. Now non-insulated, direct flow. With lots of intake and lots of exh. So I am able to use either coal/wood chunks. Or burn pure wood.
Cooks much more even than original design.

I had our welder build from some plans that were on smokingmeatforums several years ago. See the attached link. I don't see the link to the plans in the thread but there is a lot of good info in the thread.
Look it over and PM me and I can email the plans to you as I printed them in 2016.
The smoker works great.
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/backwoods-style-build.93785/

I am open to a used one but a good quality one is difficult to come buy. I have a uds right that runs great. J am just looking for an upgrade. I have been thinking about it for a while.

Cascade smokers is out your way, just south of the border! If they weren't so far away I'd look at one myself. Being in Canada, your options are pretty limited from what I have seen if you aren't willing to spend a lot of money on shipping.

Yes I am running into problems trying to buy one that is quality. I will look at them too and see where they are.

Back