Cooking pork butt with the kiddos

chambersuac

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Andrew and Delani both wanted to help smoke the pork butt. Lani cleaned the ashes out - they both started the fire together - both seasoned and helped flip (although we don't need to flip in the Egg, they wanted to, so...)

Butt's been on about three hours in the picture at 250 dome temp.

Attachments

• Delani prepping Egg.jpg
    Delani prepping Egg.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 212
  • Cooking pork 009.jpg
    Cooking pork 009.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 211
  • Flipping and seasoning.jpg
    Flipping and seasoning.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 211
  • Butt on Egg.jpg
    Butt on Egg.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 212
Looks like a good start. They are gonna want their own eggs soon.

Looks like you are soon to lose control of your egg.....Step aside.

I'm sloowwwwly building a UDS - they think it's theirs, it may be, but the EGG they can only borrow, but heck I think anytime they wanna do some Q, I'm gonna encourage them. One day I hope my daughter can cook like Jeanie...heck, I hope one day I can cook like her, too :)

Love to see the up and coming Que'ers.:eusa_clap

Kids just called and asked if they could check the temp with the probe thermo. They're gonna call me in a bit with the results. Way to go, kiddos! :-D

Pork a bunga dude! Wyatt, Adambomb, Micheal and now Andrew and Delan! I need to get Mikayla on track so Delan isn't the only girl. I so much want to enter them in a KCBS contest..... Oh I hear it now a conspiracy.... You mean you got beat by nobody over 12.... Move over teams here they come!!!!! Call the phone company you need more RED PHONES!

I will buck up to see this happen! Anybody else? This could be a real news thingy...Parents help with set up maybe give some guidance but let them rock!

Pork a bunga dude! Wyatt, Adambomb, Micheal and now Andrew and Delan! I need to get Mikayla on track so Delan isn't the only girl. I so much want to enter them in a KCBS contest..... Oh I hear it now a conspiracy.... You mean you got beat by nobody over 12.... Move over teams here they come!!!!! Call the phone company you need more RED PHONES!
She's not the only girl my daughter Kelsie cooks a fair bit too. :icon_smil She's 14 but very short for her age so if you can hook up a birth cert...

Great to see kids do something other than play video games. Good family fun.

Looks like they are doing a fine job and the grub don't look bad either!!!!

Looks like you are soon to lose control of your egg.....Step aside.

I'm sloowwwwly building a UDS - they think it's theirs, it may be, but the EGG they can only borrow, but heck I think anytime they wanna do some Q, I'm gonna encourage them. One day I hope my daughter can cook like Jeanie...heck, I hope one day I can cook like her, too :)
You only think your making the UDS for them... Once built, they get the BGE... LOL

Back