Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smokin in the Junction - West Des Moines, IA

watertowerbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Anybody doing this non-sanctioned event? I'm thinking of seeing if they still have openings and goind down and cook some ribs.

I found out today that my son doesn't have a ball game that day. I think I'm going to call them tomorrow to see if they still have an opening. Sounds like a fun time.

they are about 2/3 full. Sure they would like more people.

Boonedoggle Kara's BBQ is in. I'm cooking this one with my 8 yr old daughter. I did a one dayer with the other daughter last year and we had a great time. Some father/child bonding time. She got a chance to really see what we do at a comp and to be able to contribute. She helped with prep, rubbing, making boxes and presentation. That day was not about winning, but we did manage 3rd in chicken. the happiness for her to get that $100 bill was priceless. that being said this year our goal to kick any Brethern's butts that will be there. :wink:

I talked to the guy running it and he sent me an application today. It went out in today's mail. I only entered the ribs. I just want to go, relax and enjoy myself. Went out tonight and picked up a 12V jump start pack to run the guru. It's getting it's initial charge as we speak. Looking forward to seeing Don and Rod and anyone else who is there.

Don,
You will probably kick my butt because I don't normally cook the ribs. Just wanted to get my excuse in now. :-D

Matt

I'm planning on making some fatty biscuts and gravy that morning.

Just emailed in my app this morning and they told me they were full! Have fun guys.

Just emailed in my app this morning and they told me they were full! Have fun guys.

I mailed mine yesterday and e-mailed the guy this morning. He told me he was going to save me a spot. Hope he did!

Anyone know how many teams?

Matt, I think the cutoff was to be 30. They were about 2/3 there last week.

The advertisements say thirty teams.
Is there any room to set up there?
Hope it does well, maybe it can morph into something bigger on a different weekend.

I am in. Invisible Fence is sponsoring me. I am doing this Iron Man as far as I know. I will mix the Bloody Marys if I can get some Fatties and Gravy.

Thirty teams is the correct number. Seems kind of short to me, but thats cause I didn't get in!

Pat, if you are not doing anything Sat. come on down. I am doing this alone. If nothing else I will have a bloody mary for you.

I believe the fam and I are going to swing by. I hope everyone has their Brethren Banners flying.

Pat, if you are not doing anything Sat. come on down. I am doing this alone. If nothing else I will have a bloody mary for you.

Thanks for the invite Bryan! I will stop by early....nothing like a good bloody.

What time is everybody setting up??

Back