Ugly Drum Smoker Rotisserie Mod w/pics

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
OK- I've been dying to try this on the UDS and finally got a break in the weather to pull it off!
I'm using a Weber Rotisserie ring on the Patio Model UDS with a mix of Rancher and Cowboy lump (bottom of the bag mod) and Hickory for smoke with my small charcoal basket. Two 4.5lb whole Chickens that have a compound butter mix of herbs under the skin and basted with remainder.

100_2205.jpg

100_2207.jpg

100_2206.jpg

So far so good! The chickens are looking pretty good!

Ya beat me to it, that is my next mission. Can't wait to hear how it turns out.

Man look at that. Looking good. I gotta go on craislist I think you got more smokers than I do.

OK- A little less than 90 minutes at 300* all vents plugged the finished product!

100_2210.jpg

This was quick, and I've still got almost a full basket of coals left! I'm thinking of running to the store and doing a couple more! Not really fuel efficient, I can do it on the Performer using less fuel. But it smells and tastes great! Against my better judgement I used Rancher with Lump and that CRAP spews ashes all over the place! My lid is covered with it! Never again will I use that chit in my drums!! Now I've got it going in the WSM with a rack of spares and BB's and all is well. Everything in its place!

Against my better judgement I used Rancher with Lump and that CRAP spews ashes all over the place! My lid is covered with it! !
Got something against free seasoning! Adds character to your food. :rolleyes:.
Birds look fantastic.

Now that opens up a whole new realm of possibilities:icon_blush: Great looking yardbirds Brian:cool:

Man, that looks great. What an innovative idea. Gives me something to shoot for!

Beep, beep, beep ... and now this Financial Newsflash: sale of Weber Rotisseries spikes overnight for unknown reasons :mrgreen:

Good lookin' eats brother!

I have only use my ring and motor once with the UDS. I gotta do it again soon. Your's looks awesome!!!

BTW... a little ash (arse) never hurt anyone!!!

The fastest recorded Costco run yielded another Chicken duo for the Drum
Kept them simple, Tony Chachere's and Spicewine's Hen n' Hog Dust. Apple chunk for smoke and sprayed with Apple juice.

100_2212.jpg

100_2213.jpg

i loved the turkey i did on mine, however i did have to line the top of my drum in foil to make a tight fit. NBD

i loved the turkey i did on mine, however i did have to line the top of my drum in foil to make a tight fit. NBD

I thought I would have to do that, but since I'm using the soon to be patented Weber lip in the drum, the rotis ring fit securely and the only smoke was from the spit cut outs, no more than if i used my Performer. I'm tempted to try a Butt on the rotisserie.

100_2083.jpg

Back