• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Wanna talk glaze

R

RonsterQ

Doing my first contest later this month, been getting recipes down, etc and like them...problem is the glaze that the judges seem to like because eating it at home doesn't require it. I want to do something that doesnt have a lotta flavor just give some shine and include butter....?

Adding honey or corn syrup to your favorite sauce will give it a very nice shine.

If you have time, you would be surprised how this recipe, without the cherries and using popcorn (butter flavored) lard (which is actually coconut based) will not detract from the flavor. I am always flabbergasted it does not with as much james Brown is in there.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY2RHz7CLfY&list=PLFAF63694DE7EACF7&index=1&feature=plcp"]Pitmaster T Series - Big Maybelle's Candy Glaze - YouTube[/ame]

the only thing i would worry about with the rib candy and captian rodneys is that some of the flavors might be too extreme for competition. i don't think i would put mango or tequila flavored stuff on for competition. perhaps the sweet and spicey or the bird bath would be good.

Back