MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
QansasjayhawQ
is One Chatty Farker

Default Pony Up!

OK - I may get moderated for the first time since I started here years ago, but this caught my attention and I wanted to point it out.

Viewing Competition BBQ: 116 (46 members & 70 guests)

70 'guests'???

OK - if you've been viewing this forum as a guest, that's fine and all, but really . . .

This place takes real money to pay for real resources in order for it to be properly hosted. None of us members get paid for sharing our knowledge.

Please! If you've found any of the information here that the 'members' have provided to be helpful - at least make a small donation. The link is right up there in the upper right hand corner.

Plus, once you donate, you can post and be seen as a member! A contributor!

And, in case you haven't noticed, this is one of, if not THE friendliest, kindest, most helpful corners of the interwebs you are ever likely to find.

So please help out and do your part to maintain and sustain this resource we all call home.

Thank you for listening.
http://www.moocowbbq.com/
Two Weber 22.5" kettles One Brinkmann Smoke'N PitMaster Deluxe One LARGE WSM! (special black glossy finish) w/Stoker! WooHoo! KCBS Member/KCBS Master CBJ #24295
Sweaty, smokey and enjoying every minute.
QansasjayhawQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
Brewmaster
is One Chatty Farker

I'm not saying this is what everyone is doing, but it could be part of it. When I had a blackberry it would not cache my user name and password. So when I logged in from a contest I never felt like typing that info in. I would just view the threads without it. Just a thought.

Cheers,
Nate
Brewmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2011, 01:28 AM   #3
Q-Dat
Babbling Farker

Yeah sometimes I view the forum without logging in. But I agree the information shared here is worth alot more than the cost of subscribing.

This reminds me I can't remember when mine runs out. I definitely am going to renew.
Q-Dat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2011, 02:07 AM   #4
Brewer
is one Smokin' Farker

I've learned my subscription fee this year so many times over, I upgraded it because I felt guilty. At the end of the year, I'm confident I'll still come out ahead
KCBS & PNWBA Member, PNWBA CBJ
Superior SS-2
Backwoods Fatboy
Primo XL
Weber Ranch Kettle
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2011, 04:22 AM   #5
Crash
is One Chatty Farker

Some folks share a ton of info, answer a lot of questions, participate in discussions and generally try to promote this great site...and they are non-paying members.

I totally hear what your saying and 100% support your thought proccess. Still, times aren't good for a lot of folks and what they can't provide out of pocket, they can provide in wisdom, dicussion, humor, etc.

That being said, did the Lakers win tonight?

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-14-2011, 09:44 AM   #6
Arlin_MacRae
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QansasjayhawQ View Post
OK - I may get moderated for the first time since I started here years ago, but this caught my attention and I wanted to point it out.

Viewing Competition BBQ: 116 (46 members & 70 guests)

70 'guests'???

OK - if you've been viewing this forum as a guest, that's fine and all, but really . . .

This place takes real money to pay for real resources in order for it to be properly hosted. None of us members get paid for sharing our knowledge.

Please! If you've found any of the information here that the 'members' have provided to be helpful - at least make a small donation. The link is right up there in the upper right hand corner.

Plus, once you donate, you can post and be seen as a member! A contributor!

And, in case you haven't noticed, this is one of, if not THE friendliest, kindest, most helpful corners of the interwebs you are ever likely to find.

So please help out and do your part to maintain and sustain this resource we all call home.

Thank you for listening.
Moderate you? You kiddin'? I think I'll nominate you to be the next new moderator! MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Great post, bro. Actually, a lot of the 'guests' you see aren't real people, they're bots trolling for data.

Arlin

Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition, Pit Boss NASCAR Tailgater
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Certified KCBS Master BBQ Judge
Arlin_MacRae is offline   Reply With Quote