MMA and KCBS

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m setting up an interview with Mike McCloud of MMA for the Home of BBQ website. I would appreciate your feedback on what questions you would like to see answered. I realize that there is most likely no need to state this, but I want to make it clear that this is NOT going to be an ambush interview. I’m happy to ask any questions that are relevant, but there won’t be anything with acrimony or rancor included.

Suggestions for polite, appropriate questions would be appreciated. I won’t purposefully avoid any topics or concerns, but I will be framing questions in a genial fashion.

I appreciate your help,

Eric

What are the goals for the KCBS as told to him by the KCBS Board?

if you can get him to answer that, that,ll work

What Are The Advantages Of Membership, As He See's It.

Why is MMA right for the KCBS and how were you chosen?
What are you past envolement with BBQ?
What is MMA experice with NFP's?

What are the benefits of MMA for the established KCBS cook? Not a new cook, but one that has competed for a few years. I would also like to know what the benefit of that Road Show is going to do for us cooks. Or is this another way to recruit new judges?

Thanks,

Scottie Johnson
KCBS Member # 7644

Good luck getting him to answer about KCBS benefits.

And I agree with Clay. That question answered truthfully will be worth its weight in gold.

I'd like to know McCloud's vision of where he sees KCBS, a non-profit, in five years, ten years and 20 years.

Does he still envision an organization where the little guys like us can compete and have a chance to knock off the big boys each week or will the little guys get pushed aside?

Why are so many people trying to deal with MMA. Doesn't KCBS still run the association or is there something we don't know yet? I found myself asking that many times at the banquet as MMA was answering so many questions?

What Are The Advantages Of Membership, As He See's It.
Yes im wondering the same thing here.

Why are so many people trying to deal with MMA. Doesn't KCBS still run the association or is there something we don't know yet? I found myself asking that many times at the banquet as MMA was answering so many questions?

Im honestly wondering who is in charge here?
Im just a dues paying member wondering whose in charge? Is this a unfair question? I dont think so.

Inquiring minds want to know. Pretty simple in my mind.

Thanks for taking the time to speak with them.

Don't know a whole about about him or his style. A good question I always like to ask is why does he want the job? What does he want to bring to KCBS that someone else couldn't. What is the message of the non-KCBS members that is different from other organizations.

Unless you have an offical relationship with the KCBS board, I wouldn't expect him to answer many questions related to KCBS. Maybe membership benefits and general trend over the years, but I doubt you will hear much on MMA's and the KCBS board strategy for the future. Plan on hearing very polite, politically correct answers with little substance - it is an election year after all.

What are the benefits of MMA for the established KCBS cook? Not a new cook, but one that has competed for a few years. I would also like to know what the benefit of that Road Show is going to do for us cooks. Or is this another way to recruit new judges?

Thanks,

Scottie Johnson
KCBS Member # 7644

Based on his time at the podium at the KCBS banquet, my bet on his answer will be money: prize $ and sponsors.

More prize money always sounds good, but where is it going to come from???

Based on his time at the podium at the KCBS banquet, my bet on his answer will be money: prize $ and sponsors.

So when do they start getting credit? I mean, the KCBS has shown tremendous growth for the last 5 years at least. I want hard facts of what benefit we will receive. Not the smoke and mirrors that we are getting. Don't get me wrong. I want to see growth, but how do you decipher what MMA has done and what was the natural growth of the KCBS. Maybe we should thank drbbq from his years on the Board?

So when do they start getting credit? I mean, the KCBS has shown tremendous growth for the last 5 years at least. I want hard facts of what benefit we will receive. Not the smoke and mirrors that we are getting. Don't get me wrong. I want to see growth, but how do you decipher what MMA has done and what was the natural growth of the KCBS. Maybe we should thank drbbq from his years on the Board?

Not only thank Dr BBQ for being on the board, but he has done a lot for the exposure of BBQ to the masses for the past several years.

Ray has definitely opened the doors for us BBQr's. More so than people will ever give him credit for....

Good points on both the MMA measured success and Dr BBQ.

I should amend my earlier post to add that additional contests will likely be one of McCloud's answers to what benefits do cooks get from the MMA/KCBS arrangement.

Back