MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
Larry S
Got Wood.

Default BBQ Joints and Blues Clubs in Jackson Mississippi?

My wife and i will be in Jackson, Mississippi May 8 - 11 to cheer on our granddaughter who is competing in the Gymnastics Junior Olympics. Our days will be filled with gymnastics stuff, but our nights are free.

Where can we go to get some good BBQ, and after dinner, a good blues club so I can kick up my heels? If it's within walking distance of the Convention Center, that's a plus. Thanks!

Larry S
Larry S is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #2
cholloway
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Colin

I haven't been in Jackson in over 30 years so I can't help you with much, but a while back on TV there was a mini blurb about The Big Apple Inn and their famous pig ear sandwich. Walking distance from downtown.
I think they should be helpful for blues joints also.
Char-Broil 450 (Purchased new in 1981)
1996 Blue Weber SS Performer
Weber charcoal Go-Anywhere
2 Weber SJSs & modified stock pot Mini-WSM
Weber rotisserie, Rib-O-Lator & Smokenator system
Blackstone Tailgater Combo & STOK Island gasser
cholloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:46 PM   #3
mytmouz
is One Chatty Farker

The best BBQ I have found locally is Cassatta's Meat Market and BBQ in Flowood (Very short trip), but they are not open late or Sunday's, so plan accordingly. After that, it is, IMO a good sized drop off.. I do recommend Fannin Market, (which conveniently enough, is located next door to Cassata's,) for some pretty good country style offerings, they are open for lunch, and Thursday and Friday nights...

I also will throw this out, I personally would no go anywhere around the convention center area on foot, despite what they say. And I am not a cautious type...

Trailer mounted reverse flow stick burner. Rehomed
Weber Kettle #1 Black. Rehomed
Weber Kettle #2 Copper
Weber Kettle #3, Dads old cooker. Rehomed
Brinkman electric. Rehomed
Weber Smokey Joe. Rehomed
Small Sunbeam tailgater. Rehomed
Brinkman vertical smoker. Rehomed
Little Chief electric smoker. Rehomed
And 2 UDS go to set ups... Rehomed
mytmouz is offline   Reply With Quote