BBQ Joints and Blues Clubs in Jackson Mississippi?

Larry S

Got Wood.
Reaction score
My wife and i will be in Jackson, Mississippi May 8 - 11 to cheer on our granddaughter who is competing in the Gymnastics Junior Olympics. Our days will be filled with gymnastics stuff, but our nights are free.

Where can we go to get some good BBQ, and after dinner, a good blues club so I can kick up my heels? If it's within walking distance of the Convention Center, that's a plus. Thanks!

Larry S

I haven't been in Jackson in over 30 years so I can't help you with much, but a while back on TV there was a mini blurb about The Big Apple Inn and their famous pig ear sandwich. Walking distance from downtown.
I think they should be helpful for blues joints also.

The best BBQ I have found locally is Cassatta's Meat Market and BBQ in Flowood (Very short trip), but they are not open late or Sunday's, so plan accordingly. After that, it is, IMO a good sized drop off.. I do recommend Fannin Market, (which conveniently enough, is located next door to Cassata's,) for some pretty good country style offerings, they are open for lunch, and Thursday and Friday nights...

I also will throw this out, I personally would no go anywhere around the convention center area on foot, despite what they say. And I am not a cautious type...

Back