• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bad dog saved the day!

Does the dog also alert you to giant space alien cockroaches :becky:? GOOD DOG!!!!! If you can't find an ashpan you could at least put a disposable foil pan under it :wink:.

I had a similar hole in our deck about 2 years ago.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104273
Do you guys mind if I save copies of and reuse those pictures? I get the willies every time I see a cooker on a wood deck.

My vote is to keep the cookers a dozen feet or so away from wood. (Actually, I didn't put out many porch fires as a volunteer fireman and never did see a house totally consumed by something that started with a BBQ so the odds are probably with you. :wink: )

I got the kettle 8 years ago when I bought my house as a gift. If was a hand me down and the ash pan was not included... I guess I've been playing with fire for a while now! :becky:

play with fire you will eventually get BURNED lol

Do you guys mind if I save copies of and reuse those pictures? I get the willies every time I see a cooker on a wood deck.

My vote is to keep the cookers a dozen feet or so away from wood. (Actually, I didn't put out many porch fires as a volunteer fireman and never did see a house totally consumed by something that started with a BBQ so the odds are probably with you. :wink: )

if you want to use my pic from my thread, no problem.

Good dog!!

You can get a pad that goes under an outside HVAC unit and put it right over that burn and be much safer in the future.

Back