MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
crookid
Found some matches.

Default SAms Club Ceramic Grill

While walking through Sam's Club in Dover, Del yesterday I saw a BGE clone. It was black and lkooked exactly like the BGE. not sure if it was a large or XL. It came with an ash tool and plate setter. Price was $499. It was made in China and is sold as a Masterbuilt Backyard Classic. Does anyone have one of these?
crookid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
KSims1868
Full Fledged Farker

I'm not seeing anything on Sam's Club website that looks like a BGE.

Did it look like this?

Old 06-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #3
txschutte
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I don't need to see it. You said "Made in China". Nuff said.

The BGE is more expensive, but is money well spent in the long run.

If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it.

Your beard is so stupid, it took two hours to watch 60 Minutes.
txschutte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2010, 10:04 PM   #4
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Head KnucklHed

Haven't seen it as I have no Sam's close to me, but at the HPB expo in orlando, FL this past march there were ceramic cookers everywhere. Some were clones of BGE's others were actual BGE's with different names on them.

Viking (big commercial range manufacturer) even had a BGE clad in brushed Stainless steel. I think we'll start seeing a large amount of knock offs in the near future. The ceramic cooker's 15 min has arrived.

Edit: There are also ALWAYS a ton of... Umm... how you say, "Folks" from Asia snapping pictures of every new product out there. They barely speak english and they are VERY interested in your product. If you are smart, you don't allow ANYONE to take pictures.

“We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this.” ~Butz
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
crookid
Found some matches.

Forgot the unit also had 2 side shelves and a stand. It was black. item # 501672
crookid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2010, 07:13 AM   #6
aquablue22
Babbling Farker

Edit: There are also ALWAYS a ton of... Umm... how you say, "Folks" from Asia snapping pictures of every new product out there. They barely speak english and they are VERY interested in your product. If you are smart, you don't allow ANYONE to take pictures.

You know what is interesting about the Chinese, they knock stuff off EXACTLY has the see it, even if a product has a flaw or a crack or something like that you get it with those included.

Old saying when working with Asia, if you want a product manufactured overseas, Japan or Taiwan if you want it exact or even better, China you get the first container pretty close, second container even farther away from the original and the third container you open at you own risk, cause you never know what going to be in there!
2 - 18.5 Weber Kettle
1 - WSM Mini

I live in fear that my Wife will sell all my "TOYS" when I die for WHAT I told her I paid for them!!
aquablue22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2010, 07:22 AM   #7
Norcoredneck
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue22 View Post

You know what is interesting about the Chinese, they knock stuff off EXACTLY has the see it, even if a product has a flaw or a crack or something like that you get it with those included.

Old saying when working with Asia, if you want a product manufactured overseas, Japan or Taiwan if you want it exact or even better, China you get the first container pretty close, second container even farther away from the original and the third container you open at you own risk, cause you never know what going to be in there!

But they always come with concise instructions.

The Prontologist is in...
Ok let's see your Butt!
Norcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2010, 09:05 AM   #8
tjv
Full Fledged Farker

I saw one at a DFW Sams. The cooker reminds me of....ya know how you work through the instructions putting something together but leave all the bolts/nuts loose....then at the end snug everything up...... that's what the cooker reminded me of.....everything is snug but still has that loose feeling.

The ceramics looked to be a mix of slip cast and hard pressed which is ok. Just not sure how "high temp" the ceramic formula(s) is/are on the pieces......

The price is right as you get a lot of cooker/set-up. But still comes down to how to warranty a Sam's product months later.

t
tjv is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #9
TactTm1
On the road to being a farker

I'll take my Mexico-made BGE over a China-made Imitation any day of the week.

"Pay once, Cry once!!"
TactTm1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #10
as41shots
Got rid of the matchlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TactTm1 View Post
I'll take my Mexico-made BGE over a China-made Imitation any day of the week.

"Pay once, Cry once!!"
Heck, I'll take the $299 Home Depot priced Bubba Keg over the $499 Chinese rip any day.

Actually, I did.
as41shots is offline   Reply With Quote