Oatmeal pr0n

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It ain't BBQ but it was tasty! Oatmeal with Fresh (in season) strawberries and 25 year old balsamic vinegar.

SDC10602.jpg

SDC10603.jpg

SDC10604.jpg

Comments?

Gotta say, it would never have occurred to me to use balsamic vinegar with oatmeal and strawberries, but that sure looks good.

Just what is the thinking on the vinegar in there?

Vinegar brings out the sweetness in strawberries. Keep in mind this is GOOD Balsamic Vinegar.

Looks good!

You know, many people misunderstand balsamic vinegar. This past Thanksgiving I made a brown sugar and balsamic reduction swirl ice cream.

Everyone said "Ewwww. Vinegar in ice cream?"

Until they tasted it.

And a few stubborn ones wouldn't even taste it. That's their loss.

Doggonit another item to put on my to do list.....looks mighty good..

Looks good!

You know, many people misunderstand balsamic vinegar. This past Thanksgiving I made a brown sugar and balsamic reduction swirl ice cream.

Everyone said "Ewwww. Vinegar in ice cream?"

Until they tasted it.

And a few stubborn ones wouldn't even taste it. That's their loss.

Given the cost of GOOD balsamic, it's just as well! Leaves more for those who unnerstan'.

Wow, that is one heckuva bowl of oatmeal. Do you, uh, carry that bottle of balsamico with you? Where did you come up with that kinda vinegar?

I should add, that kind of balsamic vinegar, with that much age, is great on pastry, ice cream and fruit, quite classic stuff.

Very few Americans know what REAL Balsamic Vinegar is.
A real Balsamic Vinegar from Italy; and other places; can easily cost $20 - $100
per ounce....and more.
It is made in much the same way as fine wines are made.
It is nothing even close to the Balsamic vinegars we have in grocery stores here.

We have a vendor at one of the farmers markets. $15 for a 4 oz. bottle. Used very sparingly. It is good enough to sip it straight. And I have.

Learn something new all the time. In that case, looks great!

We have a vendor at one of the farmers markets. $15 for a 4 oz. bottle. Used very sparingly. It is good enough to sip it straight. And I have.
That is one heck of a Farmer's market that sells real aged aceto balsamico. $15 for 4 oz. is a good price actually. Is this the secret ingredient in Big Mista's sauce?

That is one heck of a Farmer's market that sells real aged aceto balsamico. $15 for 4 oz. is a good price actually. Is this the secret ingredient in Big Mista's sauce?

Yeaaaahhh...No.

Bigmista does it again..Hey we all need to think, and eat outside the box sometimes man...I must try that recipe.. I love exotic vinegars, I love oatmeal, and I'd kill over Strawberries

Back