Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Kooker's Kare

• Thread starter This Is How We Que It
  • Start date
T

This Is How We Que It

Who is going, what type of food are you bringing, and what are you hoping to win?

I am going! I am bringing Buffalo chicken dip. I want the Big Green Egg or the GAB entry. Look forward to seeing everyone.

I am bringing my "cheezy tators". I hope to win a free entry or two

Will be there. Pork Sausage casserole is on the menu. Would be "sweet" to win the egg!

Lots of cookers in the mix this year....
There is a mini egg in the canned food drive raffle (every 5 cans gets you a ticket)
There is a small egg with full nest/tables, etc.
We have a mini-drum cooker, donated by Moo-Cow BBQ.
We have a Kingfisher Kombo Kooker, donated by Boondoggle BBQ
The Brethren will be well represented with several baskets of items, donated from members, as well as subscriptions to the site, courtesy of Poohbah. We'll have a Hoboken Eddie's Gift Pack valued at $80 - We'll have Gift certificates - rubs and sauces, including at least one basket that 100% michigan products (with some other MI products in all the baskets) you name it!!! We will also have some Dewalt items again this year... a Combo rechargable tool kit, Dewalt worksite stereos..

All kinds of fun in store folks!!! I believe there are 38 contest entries up for grabs... I know I will be buying my raffle tickets early and often :)

And I will already start thanking folks now... as this will help us provide canned goods to food pantries in the metro/region with immediate need, as well provide harvesters with over 7000lbs of pork for distribution at our Spring Smokefest; when those kitchens are bare. The turkeys, and other things we will do throughout the year, are largely funded from this push as well. Couldnt happen without the caring, and giving nature of the BBQ community. Thank you!!

This will be the first year for us to attend, and I noticed that it is BYOB. Do people bring in coolers, or what? I don't want to be the only one showing up lugging a cooler.

This will be the first year for us to attend, and I noticed that it is BYOB. Do people bring in coolers, or what? I don't want to be the only one showing up lugging a cooler.
Yes, definitely bring a cooler. :p Something tells me you wont be the only one doing that... as a matter of fact, if it is the standard rolly one from igloo, write your name on it, there may be 200 other ones there :twisted: LOL

Yeah, I'll have to pick which cooler to bring - accessorizing can be a beatch!

Kooker's Kare members bring desserts so I gotta whip something up (from the bakery).
Hope to win all kinds of good stuff including some entries.

We'll be there, probably bringing grilled potatoes, onions, peppers combo. Looking to win some contest entries, too.

Yes, definitely bring a cooler. :p Something tells me you wont be the only one doing that... as a matter of fact, if it is the standard rolly one from igloo, write your name on it, there may be 200 other ones there :twisted: LOL

write my name on it? I'm rolling it around with me....assuming I can buy one in KC in Feb.:lol::lol:

It's sold out. I may scalp some tickets out front if the demand is there.

Sounds like an awesome event!

This will be the first time I've attended, but the Brethren have supported Kooker's Kare for the last several years through donations. More important than the time spent with friends on a Saturday night, is the cause and what that organization does for the community. I'm proud of the friends that I have serving on the board for their contributions, as well as the members here that were able to contribute to a VERY worthy cause.

This will be the first time I've attended, but the Brethren have supported Kooker's Kare for the last several years through donations. More important than the time spent with friends on a Saturday night, is the cause and what that organization does for the community. I'm proud of the friends that I have serving on the board for their contributions, as well as the members here that were able to contribute to a VERY worthy cause.

When we can give kids backsnacks to get them through a weekend they wont have food at home... When folks that rely on thier local pantry to ensure they have the staples -- and when the kitchens are running thin on food, due to the time of year (no donations coming in between holid ay bills hitting and tax refunds) It is nice to know the BBQ community comes out to help. When the 7000+ pounds of pork get distributed in March... It is gone to all the programs, and eaten within just a few days. The need is there, Kookers Kare!!!

Thanks again everyone!

Awesome! I'm gonna make it up there someday....everyone have a good time, as I know you will!

After I make up the baskets, I will take pictures and post. We have lined up all the products and purchased baskets. Just waiting to see what will show up today and then will get the baskets together either tonight or tomorrow morning. If you are on Facebook, I posted pics from my phone of the product lined out.

Back