• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

weber smokey joe smoker

pics will be a while. a members pic from the weber site,

P1000797-PP.JPG

Cool - but is it practical enough to bother? I assume the rack is fairly close to the lid lip ... so what do you smoke in there? Fatties or chicken thighs? Would a flat fit? Seems like a butt would be too tall unless the rack is a few inches lower then the lid lip.

I think it's a great idea for small burns when you are just cooking for 1 or 2 people.

I got a Mini Drum that is Smokey Joe'd!

Pics of Sweet mini smoker.

I like that alot, I have 3 or 4 different kinds of lids in ranging sizes just gotta find the right barrels for them and I am golden... Nice job on the WSJ UDS!!

I'm thinkin' it would be great for camping... I take the SJ with me anyways for burgers, fish & chicken, might as well have the WSM mod for it too!

What brand/size stock pot is that?

I'm guessing that is an Imusa 20 quart steamer and it's on a 14" diameter Smokey Joe. Is that right?

Where did you get the stock pot / steamer?

How did you cut the bottom off?

Thanks!

Nevermind!

Oops, I should have read more carefully. I found the thread with all the answers. Ignore me! Sorry!

My brother has a small smoker. I just suggested this same thing to him. The bottom of his smoker is completely open, and the lid has no holes in it and is flat. It has bolts about 1/2" from the top where the grate goes. He didn't say if he was definately goign to do it or not, but I thought it would make a great mini WSM.

Back