Anyone competing with a meat monster?

Brew-B-Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new competition smoker and want something trailer mounted. I stopped by the Peoria shop last weekend and was really impressed with the quality of the smokers they make. I'm looking at the meat monster and am curious if anyone on the board here is competing with one and what they think.

I think Quau is using some sort of Peoria, but not the MM.
He seems to do fairly well with it ;)

Tired of dragging your Superior in and out of the trailer? ;)

According to PCC's website, Quau's smoker is a Meat Monster, but we can all agree he's modified it heavily. I know one other central IL team that uses the older model of Meat Monster. The older models weren't as heavily insulated so that particular team goes through an awful lot of fuel. I have heard nothing but good things about the current model MM.

I know quau cooks on one but was wondering if anyone that posts here has one. I sold the superior and my trailer as I wanted something more mobile.

A team called Monster Q from Springfield, Illinois cooks on a Meat Monster. I don't think he gets on here though, sorry. He does ok at comps though.

Quau's is a Meat Monster. He helped design all tje new additions that they added. Another team to talk with is Alex from Dr. Porkenstein. He has his all tricked out.

From what I have shigged off Mike, they are aweome cookers.

Call up Bill at PCC, he can send you some pretty cool CD's/DVD's with more info and prices on his cookers.

Parsley Lady calls me a lot of things, but not Meat Monster, so far... :-D

Check with Rick as Smokehunters, too. He borrowed a PCC for some comps last year. I have his phone number.

MonsterQ is Terry. I think he signed up here but hasn't been on much if at all. i know that he really likes his cooker. We were next to him at Arthur last year.

I just purchased a smoker from PCC, and was able to see the Meat Monster first hand. It looks to be a fine piece of equipment.

Thanks...I was really impressed by the quality when I visited the shop. I've talked with Bill and like what I have seen/heard, just looking for some experienced users for input. I will reach out to Alex and Rick for feedback.

Hey Pat. I talked with Qua. He isn't registerrd here so asked me to post. The pit he has is not modified ezcept it being 1' shorter to get it on his red trailer and he doesn't have the cranks. He said if you have any questions, he will be more than happy to answer them. I have his contacts if you need them. He will also be at Westmont again this year.

Cool, thanks Scottie. I won't be cooking Westmont this year, so I'll try and spend some time checking out his cooker. I see that Alex will be there as well.

Wait Until you see the paint job Alex has on his..

You are more than welcome to drink or I mean hang out with us....

Wait Until you see the paint job Alex has on his..

You are more than welcome to drink or I mean hang out with us....

I will probably take you up on that. It just wouldn't be the same Memorial day weekend if I wasn't drinking at Westmont.

Are you comparing MM's to another make (i.e. Lang, Horizon, etc.)?

I'm even more impressed with meat monsters now since learning Quau's is not as heavily modified as I thought.

Feel free to stop by for coffee on Sunday morning, too! :becky:

If I'm there Sunday morning, I will be there, as always.
Are you comparing MM's to another make (i.e. Lang, Horizon, etc.)?

I'm even more impressed with meat monsters now since learning Quau's is not as heavily modified as I thought.

No, I'm comparing it to two trailer mounted superior ss-2s. Leaning towards the meat monster as it is more versatile.

Would really like to see one of these smokers in person. From what I gathered on their website I really like what they are doing. Anyone going to be at Westmont with one of these smokers?

There will be at least two, if not three, meat monsters at Westmont. I really like the cooker and was impressed by the quality, just not sure if I'm ready to spend that kind of cash on a smoker.

Back