• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

GrillGrates -- won't fit on my Brinkmann

Schmoke

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The potential cooking surface of my Brinkmann is 15 1/4 x36. Three interlocked GrillGrates measure out at 15 3/4 wide. Just a little too large to fit.

I'm considering finding ... a pipe guy perhaps, some kind of metal worker ... to lop off a half inch of one of the grates, then hopefully the finished product will easily drop right onto the grill supports and all will be well.

Is that doable? Or ... Do GrillGrates come in widths other than 5 1/4?

Thankew
J

I've been wondering if they fit the smokey joe. Does anyone know?

I have heard them advertise the term "cut to fit" and some guys on here have used special saws to cut them to a certain shape.

They sell one on their site for the smoky joe for 48.99, I bought one for my kamado and it works great.

I've been wondering if they fit the smokey joe. Does anyone know?

I have heard them advertise the term "cut to fit" and some guys on here have used special saws to cut them to a certain shape.

They have some on their site that fit the smokey joe but the one's for medium big green eggs don't fit. They are so close it hurts.

I did some looking into cutting these and apparently it's not a big deal at all if you have the right blade.

Price of hack saw 10 bucs, min 1 hr labor at a metal shop 75 bucs. Thats allot of beer & brisket. But some fix every thing with a check book and thats ok too metal workers need to feed their families.

I have a die grinder with a cutting wheel that works nicely.

Price of hack saw 10 bucs, min 1 hr labor at a metal shop 75 bucs. Thats allot of beer & brisket. But some fix every thing with a check book and thats ok too metal workers need to feed their families.

+1 ^^^^^^ what he said!!!

I bought a refurbished angle grinder a couple years ago and I find it very useful for stuff like this. It cuts cast iron like butter and equipped with a diamond blade cuts tile and brick easily. (I use water to keep the blade cool when cutting bricks.)

Back