SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Hot & Bothered: Food to gitcha inna Mood" Throwdown!

vd2.jpg

Great cook Blue... :clap2:

Wish I would have done something like this for dinner tonight too... :rolleyes::becky:

Hey, I have an entry to post but it went so well I'm gonna get lucky now (if you know what I mean), so it may be a while before I can post it. :becky:

Ok I’m done. For my hot and bothered entry I thought nothing says I love you like a nice hunk of red meat seasoned with some sensual spices, garlic and pepper paste for bite with a romantic bottle of wine. So I dumped them all into a ziplock.

itsinthebag.jpg

Before that I carved a small Pichana roast to resemble a heart, I absolutely love the color and texture of this lesser known cut of meat (hey biggy can I still get into that TD?).

carving.jpg

The marinated Pichana chilled in the fridge while I was at work, then onto the kettle with some taters, grill shot was about 20 minutes into the cook, it is starting to plump up nicely.

mygrillingheart.jpg

Took it to about 126 then did a reverse sear finish temp after foil was about 138 at the thickest part the roast really plumped up nicely.

myplatedheart.jpg

Sliced and plated with a loaded tater and some aphrodisiac asparagus spears, such a tight grain yet velvet tender, I think the first pic for the vote.

plated-6.jpg

platedagain2.jpg

Thanks for looking I hope it was as good for you as it was for me….

What’s that; was it good? Good enough for a double entry. :heh:

WOW,
Lots of great entrees so far.

As you all know I was planning on smokin some tail for this throwdown.

IMG_0224.jpg

I sure wish life would go as planned, but as most of you know that is not the case in the real world.

So, since it was a weekday (and I have three small children) AND had no babysitter, :oops:
I put together something the family could enjoy in the small time I had along with homework, etc, etc, etc.

To make matters worse I only have one photo for this throwdown.
Could this be my first Dilly?

Probably so. :reface:

May I present to you Smoked Salmon, Potatoes and steamed veggies.
IMG_0528.jpg

Happy Valentines Day Brethren! :wink:
And for all the busy Family's that had no time to put a throwdown together.
Vote for the underdog. :loco:

Valentine's Lamb Chops

Just a simple dinner, really, and one oft repeated but oh so good.
Lamb shoulder chops seasoned with celery salt and rubbed with something Redhot found and ordered: Nantucket Off-Shore's Mt. Olympus Rub which is a mix of garlic, rosemary, spices (Including lemon) and lavender. It's quite good! Served with baby Yukon Gold potatoes that were coated with EVOO, Salt and cracked pepper then smoked/roasted in the kettle, and some sauteed asparagus.

ValentinesLamb.jpg

A bunch of nice looking food, but where are the sexy cocktails?

The only special requirement is
that there must be a sexy cocktail accompaning a sexy entrée.....

CD

Great entries alla y'all!:clap2::thumb::thumb:
Ehudbenjamin - knows the power of a fatty.
bluetang - stripped for the lady, eh?
Mongo - doubled your pleasure!
WWFBBQ - one minute? Good thing the meal was great!
Silverfinger - I'd eat smoked salmon every day if I could afford it. No dilly!
BigBlock - nice and saucy.

A bunch of nice looking food, but where are the sexy cocktails?

The only special requirement is
that there must be a sexy cocktail accompaning a sexy entrée.....

CD

I've got your cock tale right here! This could be a first - all entries get DQ'd.:becky:

And no, a glass of wine is NOT a cocktail.

Back