Anyone have a good fast way to load skewers?

I personally like skewering my kebabs, it's messy, but i like the presentation.
I soak my bamboo skewers for a long time prior to grilling.
One thing - it's sometimes hard to take the cooked meat off - it kind of sticks to the skewer. If you don't watch it, the whole plate can flip over.
That's my bugaboo.

Never found a real easy method, I only do them with all meat or same veggies on them so I can get them cooked properly, having the meat and vegetables on the same skewer makes it touch to keep from over or under cooking part of it

Back when Emeril was "King" of Food TV he did K- bobs.They were ALL MEAT.He stated that if you want veggies with your K- Bobs,make a salad.I agree with him.But to answer your question,you may get a length of PVC pipe,whatever diameter you want, cut to the length you desire,stuff the ingredients into the tube,in the order you want,then stab it with the skewer.Just a guess.

Saw a guy do this once. Toss all the meat up in the air and catch it on the skewer. Quick and easy.

Wait, that might have been Bugs Bunny.

Saw a guy do this once. Toss all the meat up in the air and catch it on the skewer. Quick and easy.

Wait, that might have been Bugs Bunny.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again... I really think that the mods of this great forum need to administer random drug testing! “I saw a guy toss all the meat in the air and catch it on a skewer.” I rest my case [emoji15][emoji12]

my trick for kabobs is to tell my guests we are having a kabob party. when they arrive I trick them into doing the prep work and if possible cooking their own food

Dinner host of the year right there!!! You da man :)

my trick for kabobs is to tell my guests we are having a kabob party. when they arrive I trick them into doing the prep work and if possible cooking their own food

Genius plans like that are why I love this forum. Well played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Genius plans like that are why I love this forum. Well played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I try and keep guests involved as much as possible. for example if I can I'll let a brisket sit out before the crowd for a few minutes and then even slice in front of them, tossing the new guy that first irregular slice, the burnt end off the flat.

I try and keep guests involved as much as possible. for example if I can I'll let a brisket sit out before the crowd for a few minutes and then even slice in front of them, tossing the new guy that first irregular slice, the burnt end off the flat.

Is your real name Aaron Franklin, from Austin, Texas? Cause I read that in his book. :caked: Seriously, that is a great way to make a BBQ interesting!

By them at publix meat counter.

Sent from my SM-S757BL using Tapatalk

Back