• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Reverse Sear NY, High Temp Brisket, and BB's

gtsum

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
well, I tried the finney reverse sear the other day (again) and it worked very well...these were some fat NY Strips and they did seem to be more tender then normal - I may have to try it again (I have done it before, but my normal process always seemed to give better results)...

today, I did a high heat brisket...he was 16 1/2 lbs and I ran him around 350. I foiled at 165 (a rarity for me) and pulled him when the flat hit 194 - the point was still firm so I cut him off, reseasoned the bare side and through him back on at 350 - the brisket was very, very good. And 6 hours cooking time (in this situation) beat a 22 hour cook...the taste and texture seemed a little different then my low and slow cooks (different, but still very good). I also had 3 racks of BB's on - the food went so fast these were the only pics I managed to get

as a side note, I managed by best smoke ring yet on a brisket on the primo..the only things I did different was the high heat cook, and I had the exhaust stack open about 1 inch (usually is only opened a sliver) and I did not slather with anything before rubbing..not sure which made the difference??

I see my cam has several incorrect dates on him??

Last edited:
That sure looks awfuly good....:-D I could go for some of that.... :rolleyes:

Perfect looking steak! A little char on the outside and pink on in the inside.

Thanks fellas...I had done the reverse sear before, and did not care for the results..I figured my steaks were already "top notch" before, so I usually stuck with my normal method...well, I tried the reverse sear again this time and I have to say it did make it even more tender..the wife even noticed it. I will be doing it again, that is for sure

Back