This Thing Of Ours- Q

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
What is it about barbecue that we all enjoy sharing the food. Family, friends-acquaintances, in good times and sad- we’re all there with smoked cattle sheep or swine. I’ve seen it from the majority here- sharing the smoke. Eat it all- here’s a baggie, take some for the road. I guess people do it, but Ive never shown up with fried shrimp and tomato aspic- maybe I should. Pretty much stew, never chili(which I think is very personal and each individual based on their upbringing has their own beliefs what Chili should be)

Very cool, the sharing I know you do. We always discuss the cooker and the cook- seldom the eater is mentioned.

Whatever food you gift, whenever you gift it- I’m sure it’s appreciated.

Keep doing that.

Love sharing food. It's the earliest foundation of civilization, and we do it too little.

The best compliment I ever get is when folks we have over take leftovers home with them.
Cooked a 16lb brisket a few weeks ago when we had our son and his family over. The next morning I couldn't find the leftover brisket when I went to make some hash.

Wife said that the kids asked if they could take it because the daughter in laws folks were coming over and they wanted them to be able to have some. I was a little PO'd for a second, but I know how much the daughter in law enjoys my cooking, so I was good with it.
Made my hash with some leftover rib eyes instead. It was still good.

It's just not the same, if you don't share the cook.
Maybe it's in our DNA from early man, gathering around the fire, while cooking something they harvested for the whole clan's benefit and survival. Not sure why, but it's a reality for sure.

I'll keep gifting food, but with your title I was expecting something to do with a LCN reference. Thankfully those don't seem to be involved.

I probably cook more BBQ for people than myself. Cooked 16 butts yesterday for a friend's daughter's wedding and had a small amount of pulled pork for dinner. People raved about it, many to go plates, and my friend gave butts to family and friends. Offered me a butt but I declined. My fulfillment was from all the complements. And the mac and cheese, hash and rice, cheesecake, and banana pudding!

I like cooking barbecue...I like others liking to eat my barbecue....sometimes I like to eat my barbecue...but I mainly do it for #1 and #2.

Amen, based on what is going on in the country right now we could use A LOT MORE BBQ's pumping thin blue into the air and bringing people together sharing good food and fellowship.

i hosted a cookout this past weekend.Started out taking pics when I fired up the Shirley.Went downhill from there.No pics.24 pounds of chicken drumsticks,hit with Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust,then slathered in Blues Hog Teneeseee Red about 30 minutes before hitting 180 internal.10 Boston Butts,coated in Cavender's seasoning,10 pounds of "Country Pleasing" brand sausage,green onion,Cajun style and andouille.Cheadder cheese chunks,saltines.pickles,onions,etc.40 pounds of live Maine Lobster,shipped in by my son's brother in law that lives in Maine.Wish I had time to take pics.There was Jambalaya and delicious desserts too.I started out taking a few pics,but it got crazy.Wish y'all were here!

Yeah I’m a big fan of cooking for others. Even when I smoke a brisket I’ll grab a few pieces just to make sure it came out how I wanted it to, but I’m usually cooking for people.

About the only thing I cook for myself is beef ribs

Completely agree.
I rarely have anyone over, but after a cook it's in the truck ta spread it to this neighbor or that...it's a bit primal I think... because I've handed off a plate ta people I don't even care for...and it still felt good.

-D

Great ponderings Mr Adams.
When I cook its nearly always for the others, wife included.
I do little eating after cooking all day for groups.
Bonding indeed,

Back