Beef eye of round roast

Gasket

Full Fledged Farker
I have a eye of round roast I would like to make for dinner tomorrow. I have never did one on the smoker. Any suggestions?

Season it with your favorite steak or beef rub and cook it at 225 until it hits 120-ish internal and then sear it all around on a hot grill until it is 130 - 135 internal.

Ditto what Ron said, lower if you like it more rare. I'd also suggest slicing thin.

Season it with your favorite steak or beef rub and cook it at 225 until it hits 120-ish internal and then sear it all around on a hot grill until it is 130 - 135 internal.

Any approximate idea how many hours this may take? I'm just trying to plan ahead for dinner. I was ready for an all nighter but if the roast is only going to take 4 or 5 hours I'll go to bed tonight and start her in the morning.

Go to bed. :) It really depends on the weight and shape of the roast, but a guesstimate is 30 minutes per pound. Hopefully others will have better data.

Go to bed. :) It really depends on the weight and shape of the roast, but a guesstimate is 30 minutes per pound. Hopefully others will have better data.

Again, Ron summed that up pretty well. The ones I've done haven't been very large, and I seem to recall around 3 or so hours of time. I may have been running a bit hotter (in general, the smaller the piece of meat, the hotter I run). Definitely this is not an overnighter.

Back