• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Simply Marvelous pork butt

Sbprobasco

Reaction score
I am going to be cooking 3 butts this weekend and I don't know what kind of rub would be the best. I have all of the Simply Marvelous rubs and I cannot decide what one to use because I love them all. I have not tried them on pork butt so I was wondering what flavor people would suggest?

The pecan has some heat to it. The cherry rub is lightly fruity, mildly sweet. The sweet heat is also a good all rounder. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

What I like about these rubs is that they're not too heavy on salt. You can apply them heavily and you won't oversalt your pork butt. In fact, you many want taste as you go and maybe use a little salt if you prefer.

"my preference has always been Sweet and Spicy on butts." - another reason that CONTEXT is important.

I got to thinking and I've never used Spicy Apple on pork butts, just think they'd do well with it. I have done the S&S and it is certainly good."

"my preference has always been Sweet and Spicy on butts." - another reason that CONTEXT is important.

I got to thinking and I've never used Spicy Apple on pork butts, just think they'd do well with it. I have done the S&S and it is certainly good."

Take two butts and rub them with Spicy Apple and call me in the morning :laugh:

Thanks everyone. I got the butts rubbed down with sweet and spicy, I have my alarm set for 2:30 so I can get everything started so it will be ready for dinner tomorrow night. I will try to take some pics of before and after.

I just did 2 shoulders and 6 racks of baby backs with Spicy Apple over a sugar maple fire yesterday..........that stuff is money!

Wish I had some of that Cherry BBQ Sauce to finish the ribs with........

I just did 2 shoulders and 6 racks of baby backs with Spicy Apple over a sugar maple fire yesterday..........that stuff is money!

Wish I had some of that Cherry BBQ Sauce to finish the ribs with........

I will send you some in your package :clap2:

That's fantastic. Thanks. You're STILL on vacation? Dude, if you had that much time off you should have come to IL :)

I did in June. I take vacation in spurts, 3 days here, four days here, etc. I had to get rid of 10 days of furlough this summer as well and it has been sweet!

Back