• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Lamb, hot and fast on Blue Lou!

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne
G'Day Bruces' :becky:

Man, I just LURRRRVE my Blue Lou! This is my second only cook on the Performer and it's just such a nice peice of gear for grilling.

So, tonight I had some tiny little lamb loin chops and a full lamb rib! The Lamb Rib got a healthy dose of Simply Farken Marvellous Pecan, which I think goes very well with Lamb!
DSC_0306.jpg

For the Chops, I'd like to introduce something Australian... Murray River Pink Salt!
DSC_0305.jpg

This salt is extracted from salt flats along the Murray River near a place called Mildura. Here's a LINK for some more information. Don't get this stuff confused with "Pink Salt" Cure#1. This salt has a really beautiful complex flavour, but does not contain nitrates or nitrites. You use it like Maldon Sea Salt.

So anyway, the lamb chops got seasoned with the Murray River Salt and Black Pepper.
DSC_0304.jpg

The Lamb ribs went onto Blue Lou at 400! Yes 400! Indirect. I wanted to render out the fat... which dripped into the carrots in the drip pan (yum), so in no time, it was up to 145 and I then blasted it direct for another 2 or 3 minutes to get the colour up.
DSC_0307.jpg

I then rested this in the oven at holding temp, and put the rest of the stuff on, which took no time at all. The baby chops went on, and even at 2 mins a side, they were just past done... but still delicious.
DSC_0311.jpg

I toasted some Turkish bread and also warmed through a leftover Tri-Tip that I'd cooked a few days ago on the WGA...

Here's the Lanb Ribs... so juicy and moist and not too fatty!
DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0317.jpg

DSC_0322.jpg

And plated, with a simple salad and feta cheese. The carrots were deeeelicious too!
DSC_0323.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

Bill

Damn Bro! That looks SOOOO Good! I need to find out how I can get some lamb ribs here... Have to try make a couple phone calls! Really like your technique with the ribs there. Gonna swipe that when I get some! :thumb: Thanks for sharing!!

Cheers

I just saw some lamb ribs in the local grocery store last week for the first time ever. Now I'm gonna have to go back and buy some!

That looks so tasty.

As always - looks great! Thanks for the tip on the salt - I've been checking out different salts lately and it's amazing how different salts can be. Good to see you enjoying yer cookers!

Back