Howdy from North West California

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumboldtSmokeBBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Great Place you all have here...Looks like it is going to be fun getting to know you and sharing some BBQ talk. I joined the CBBQA and that forum is aimed totally at competition, which is fine, but they are quite serious about it. My time has yet to come to compete since i have work to do still, learning. I am cooking on a cheap horizontal off set smoker that i have highly modified. The usual cheap backyard smoker mods. I love off set, and i plan to eith buy or build a better one after i get married in October. Then, next summer hit up an event.
Right now...i smoke something every weekend, 4x4, watch my turkeys grow untill thanksgiving, and play frisbee with our dog 'fish'.
I love smoking pork butt and ribs, still need some help with a brisket. and i live out in the country, not enough friends to eat all of that beef. I buy a point, or flat, and they come out too dry...horrible actually. but my butt is fantastic. I know they are harder to mess up!

Welcome Humbolt. You'll find people in here serious about their que as well, but there is a great vein of humour running through here as well

Dave

Thanks! I am serious about my Que as well...I was just hoping for a little more of what i have seen here, over at the CBBQA.
So far, you all seem pretty similar to me and my addiction...from what i have read.

Great Place you all have here...Looks like it is going to be fun getting to know you and sharing some BBQ talk. I joined the CBBQA and that forum is aimed totally at competition, which is fine, but they are quite serious about it. My time has yet to come to compete since i have work to do still, learning. I am cooking on a cheap horizontal off set smoker that i have highly modified. The usual cheap backyard smoker mods. I love off set, and i plan to eith buy or build a better one after i get married in October. Then, next summer hit up an event.
Right now...i smoke something every weekend, 4x4, watch my turkeys grow untill thanksgiving, and play frisbee with our dog 'fish'.
I love smoking pork butt and ribs, still need some help with a brisket. and i live out in the country, not enough friends to eat all of that beef. I buy a point, or flat, and they come out too dry...horrible actually. but my butt is fantastic. I know they are harder to mess up!

As a member of the CBBQA, you might want to take a closer look at the website. We are not all "Business", better yet, come on down to the "Oinktober Bash" tip back a few then decide.

NUTZ

Welcome... glad to see another representative of the Humboldt Nation on here. OK, physically I am no longer, but Im still there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back