MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #1
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Non-styrofoam Turn-ins

So I'm helping Militant Squatter at the Pork in the Park contest in a couple weeks and they emailed today saying for the two grilling categories you can turn in the meat on anything.

How creative do folks get with these? I saw someone here recently with a pretty elaborate basket for some dessert thing? And do you get your dish/plate/basket back or should I plan not to?
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
Sawdustguy
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I imagine you would have to ask for it back, after the contest.

Stupidity for Dummies

…because sometimes, you just can’t dumb it down enough…
Sawdustguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2007, 06:58 PM   #3
Bentley
Babbling Farker

I have seen them get very creative! I was a table capt. last year at the Autry for the Southwest dish and they really put on the dog. And you just come back after the judging is over to pick up you dish(s)!

The most elaborate I ever saw was at the first Heaten Up the Bay in Vegas, there were some phenominal entries there in dessert!
Certified Master Judge #5382

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2007, 05:15 AM   #4
LostNation
Full Fledged Farker

The plates are left on the judges turn in table after judging, you just have to go pick them up. There are a bunch of samples of turn-in's on my web site and I've seen some on other web sites. There are to many to list.