MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
hwy hawk
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Rotisseire smoker

I'm looking at some rotisserie smokers. They are heartland cookers and cadillac cookers. Is there any differance between the two? They look very much alike.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:33 AM   #2
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

never used one of those, however my buddy has an American BBQ Systems that cooked real nice brisket and butts, FYI

Old 10-28-2013, 03:03 AM   #3
mikeleonard81
Full Fledged Farker

Both of them look great. Have you looked into southern yankee? I've heard good things about those.
mikeleonard81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-2013, 03:46 AM   #4
Mrdeville
Full Fledged Farker

I talked to a member flyingwrench75, he's a member here. He has a heartland 4860 trailer model and he says he loves it. He also said he has not had any problems with it, seems to be very satisfied and recommends.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
shagnasty
Full Fledged Farker

I was told by a cadillac owner that heartland and cadillac were the same until some sort of falling out separated the owners into two companies. I have no first knowledge of a heartland but Ive seen a cadillac cooker and they are very nice units. I know a guy who cooks for his restaurant on one. Over 1400 lbs of meat a week. so it must be a good set up.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #6
ribsrdone
Knows what a fatty is.

Check out MuleTuf smokers on ebay. The owner, Tim Sills competes on the KCBS circuit and does well. They are great smokers and Tim is a great guy. I've seen them up close, Cadillac, Heartland, Nolen's, Ed Morrow's and MuleTuf. These are all rotisserie cooker manufacturers and I would choose MuleTuf.
ribsrdone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #7
J_Don
is One Chatty Farker

You might want to check our Southern Pride also. They started building smokers back in 1976.
Kenmore Elite Gasser w/ Rotisserie
Cajun Cooker (3)
UDS In Progress
[COLOR=#0000ff]BLUESMAN[/COLOR] Splashproof [COLOR=#0000ff]BLUE [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen :bow:[/COLOR]
H D FXSTD
J_Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2014, 09:20 PM   #8
Bootheel
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwy hawk View Post
I'm looking at some rotisserie smokers. They are heartland cookers and cadillac cookers. Is there any differance between the two? They look very much alike.
Hi, just joined the site and saw your post from October. I realize it's a little late in the game for you but if you still need info on Heartland Cookers aka: Pit Boss Grills, I'm happy to give you the the rundown. I have a small catering company in N. VA and have been using a Heartland trailered 4860 with a flat grill and sink since early 2011. Short answer is I like it...it's a work horse!
Bootheel is offline   Reply With Quote