120 Gallon Compressor Tank,Trailer Mounted, Offset Smoker Build - by Huntin Smoke & Pappy (pics) UPDATED

The build is looking great.. Thanks for the pics and ideas.. Helping me lots with my build and I really appreciate it. Good luck with the deer, they have been moving up here we have 3 decent bucks and a doe down so far. Ever smoked a hind quarter, Incredible!!!!

No I haven't smoked a hind quarter but I have done a couple of roasts and a full loin. I spent the day in the woods hunting for a couple of hours in the morning and scouting the rest of the day. I am hunting new property this year and have to learn the lay of the land. I found a promissing area that I am going to hunt Tuesday morning. I put out my trail cam plan to move it Tuesday to a second spot I found to see ig there is anything moving in that area of the woods.

Good Looking Smoke Chamber! I Would like to see it when you get the firebox mounted for sure.

A friend of ours helped us with our smoker build again. This time he used his 8’ X 20’ CNC Burning Table
w/ (4) Oxy Torches (12" capacity) & (1) Plasma Torch (2" capacity) to cut out the fire box door, vents and the back panel with the food chamber opening. This thing is cool! He is cutting a 1/2” thick piece of plate steel. I drew what I needed in AutoCAD and emailed it to him. He downloads the drawing and the machine cuts it out perfectly. The sides of the fire box are going to be double wall insulated. I’m going to owe him a lot of BBQ.
IMG_4184.jpg

IMG_4185.jpg

IMG_4187.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

IMG_4190.jpg

IMG_4191.jpg

IMG_4192.jpg

IMG_4193.jpg

IMG_4194.jpg

He loaded it into my truck with the overhead crane.
IMG_4195.jpg

7" vents fit perfectly
IMG_4196.jpg

A friend of ours helped us with our smoker build again. This time he used his 8’ X 20’ CNC Burning Table
w/ (4) Oxy Torches (12" capacity) & (1) Plasma Torch (2" capacity) to cut out the fire box door, vents and the back panel with the food chamber opening. This thing is cool! He is cutting a 1/2” thick piece of plate steel. I drew what I needed in AutoCAD and emailed it to him. He downloads the drawing and the machine cuts it out perfectly. The sides of the fire box are going to be double wall insulated. I’m going to owe him a lot of BBQ.
IMG_4184.jpg

IMG_4185.jpg

IMG_4187.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

IMG_4190.jpg

IMG_4191.jpg

IMG_4192.jpg

IMG_4193.jpg

IMG_4194.jpg

He loaded it into my truck with the overhead crane.
IMG_4195.jpg

7" vents fit perfectly
IMG_4196.jpg

That is AWESOME!!!

You have a great friend. If he excepts BBQ as payment, you need to keep him as a friend and let him know I will do the same :icon_smile_tongue:

:clap2: Loving this! Not sure how I've missed this thread before, but I sure am glad I'm seeing it now! Excellent job all around! :thumb:

what happend did you guys get lost in the deer woods?

Huntin Smoke did a couple of things to the smoker. He added stops on the hinges for when the doors are open. Cut out and patched a large plug that was on the top of the smoker. We just haven't had a lot of time to work on it lately. I will post more as it happens.

Well after today deer season will be over and it is time to get started on the smoker again. We picked up a couple of sheets of #9 expanded metal off craigslist for the build. They look brand new and were only $35 per sheet. We will use on for the cooking grates and the second for storage opposite the cooking chamber. I picked up a third one for my utility trailer as well. We are stocked up with plenty of supplies to get to work. We have all the steel for the fire box. I also have the parts to move the axle to the back of the trailer and replace the trailer coupler as well. I am trying to make all the trailers I have use a 2" ball. I have one more project to take care of around the house before we get started. I can't wait.

Really nice build going on there. I have one to do but it mite be a year out yet. Been following yours and I admire what you guys are putting into it and also admire your patience.

Felt good to get some work done again. We worked for hours and only got two of the four finished. We did have to clean the garage be for we started. No I have the itch to get the other two done. We are getting close to starting the dreded fire box.

Back