What, in your opinion, is the easiest smoker to use that also provides the best smoke flavor?

When I speak of easiest I mean the easiest prep before the smoke, the easiest to manage during the smoke, and the easiest to clean up after the smoke.

When I speak of the smokiest, I mean the closest in taste to a stick burner.

I have a high-end pellet smoker. I have had a cheap pellet smoker, a Weber bullet, and a Pit Barrel Cooker in the past. I have not had a cabinet electric/propane smoker or a kamado. I do not love the taste from a pellet smoker.

The best taste to me is a stick burner. But I want ease of use and great taste...so what tastes better than a pellet smoker but is still easy to use? Thanks!

Tell me if I understand your OP correctly. You are looking for smoked meat with the least effort?
I would recommend a Weber gasser with a smoke tube. Love Mine!

My reverse flow cabinet from Cascade Smokers is about as easy to operate as it gets and the results in my opinion are equal if not better than a stick burner.

Cascade here as well. Very easy to set up, and maintains rock steady temp . Still learning, but finding it enjoyable and the family has enjoyed the flavor so far.:thumb:

Might be an unpopular opinion here buuut…..you aren’t going to get stick burner flavor from anything but a stick burner. You can chase that dragon all you want but until you are using a wood fueled fire it isn’t happening. Been there, done that. Probably not going to even be your “smokiest” option depending how you run your wood fired smoker but there is character missing without it that you don’t achieve otherwise. I like the food that comes off my drum a lot, it’s not overly smokey, but it isn’t close at all to a wood fire. Nor is my pellet pooper. Or kamado.

Convenience, affordability, authentic wood fire flavor - choose two.

1000% this. Don't chase the "I want stuck burner flavor on a non stick burner" dragon.....you won't catch it :becky:

Closest is my drum. Pretty close too. Can get amazing smokey/grill type flavor, but it is still different than a stick burner.

I really like my Char-Griller 980 Gravity. I use it for almost everything now. I toss chunks into the ash pit for smoke and it's just as easy to use as my O.G Grilla IMO.

I’d agree that my MB 1050 is the easiest and smokiest that I own. I think a true gravity fed would be a little better due to heat retention?

I just went from a stick burner to a gravity fed, so I'll let you know this weekend.

Never used a stick burner but want one. Easiest is obviously a pellet smoker. The steadfast temp goes to my kamado with the flameboss if you never open the lid. However my reverse flow cabinet from T&K is awesome with loads more room for big cooks. It is really stable also. I haven't used the flameboss on it since I got the adapter even without it though it is really steady and Todd was awesome for the build.

1000% this. Don't chase the "I want stuck burner flavor on a non stick burner" dragon.....you won't catch it :becky:

Closest is my drum. Pretty close too. Can get amazing smokey/grill type flavor, but it is still different than a stick burner.

I also totally agree with this. If I’m cannot use or not wanting to use my stick burner I fall back onto the drum. Not the same but really good Q non the less.

Get a George Foreman and some liquid smoke and you will be King at the Trailer Park I know I am..

Back