Packaging Rubs

morgaj1

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
We go through a ton of Simply Marvelous Cherry rub around my house. It is my wife and kids' favorite rub. So, the last time I ordered from Steph, I got a 5lb bag of it. I saved the shaker from my first order. So, today I used the shaker to measure out shaker-sized portions. I then used my Foodsaver to vacuum seal each portion into individual bags. That way, when the shaker is empty, I just open one package at a time. Hopefully, with it being vacuum sealed, it will stay fresh for a while. I was able to get about 7 shaker-fulls from a bag.

I do something similar here and have taken to ordering 5 lb bags as well!

The only tip I'll offer is to not suck TOO MUCH of the air out. The first time I did and when I reopened the bag, it was a BLOCK! I had to spend a lot of time "declumping" it. Now, I just suck air out until it JUST starts to squeeze it and then seal it and stop the vacuum. Keeps the air off of it but still allows it to not cake too bad.

I do something similar here and have taken to ordering 5 lb bags as well!

The only tip I'll offer is to not suck TOO MUCH of the air out. The first time I did and when I reopened the bag, it was a BLOCK! I had to spend a lot of time "declumping" it. Now, I just suck air out until it JUST starts to squeeze it and then seal it and stop the vacuum. Keeps the air off of it but still allows it to not cake too bad.

Uh oh. Mine were sucked to a brick :mad:

Back