MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 05-23-2019, 03:49 PM   #1
PoppaBaersBBQ
Got rid of the matchlight.

Name/Nickname : Kevin
Smile New at BBQ

I just started a new BBQ business on weekends. I'm doing catering and vending. The only issue we seem to have is how much food do I need for a crowd. I have someone that just wants three meats (no sides) for 100 people. They want pulled pork, chicken and pit beef. I would appreciate if some others would give me their opinion of how much of each meat I would make for 100 people. Also, is there a general rule of how much finished meat I should use per 100 people?

Thanks,
Poppa Baer
PoppaBaersBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #2
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Hi Poppa!

I moved your question out of the techie section and into our section for catering and cooking for the masses.

Each section of the forum has a description that you can use to figure out where to post. If you are still not sure just PM one of the moderators!

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:30 PM   #3
CT-Mike
is one Smokin' Farker

Most people figure 1/4 lb finished meat per person, assuming there are also sides available, and you’re not feeding an offensive line. Also plan on 50% yield due to fat rendering and moisture loss.

So for 100 people, plan on 50 lbs raw. Mix and match as desired, 25 lbs pork, 13 lbs chicken, 13 lbs beef, for example.

[url]www.facebook.com/goindeepbbq[/url]
CT-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 05-24-2019, 02:37 PM   #4
PoppaBaersBBQ
Got rid of the matchlight.

Name/Nickname : Kevin
Thumbs up

Thanks for the info. So I should calculate the amount of meat i'm using on the raw. I was having problems figuring out how many pieces I need for 13 lbs. But I guess if I just buy 13 lbs of chicken that will give me the amount of pieces. Do you charge per person for 3 meats or charge each individual meat. If you charge each individual meat, how do you charge for chicken? Per piece or per pound?

Thanks for your help,

Poppa Baer

(Its really Momma Baer, but sign everything Poppa)LOL

Last edited by PoppaBaersBBQ; 05-24-2019 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: had to correct error
PoppaBaersBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote