MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-12-2019, 07:19 PM   #1
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Default 5 top selling bbq rubs on Amazon compared

So they other day I had a random thought and googled "What is the top selling item on Amazon" and in the process discovered amazon has a daily updated list of best selling items in each category.

To my delight, there was a list of best selling bbq rubs so I thought I'd buy the top 5 and compare them.

So we have AP by Killer Hogs, KosmoQ, Bad Byron, Special Sheet, and a couple others.

The rules were they had to be appropriate for ribs in either the name or the Amazon ad. (I explain this in the video). It was fun. Hope you guys enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/4eGYSUhPs1U

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_xxVThreVc"] Brisket Throwdown: Weber Summit Charcoal Grill vs 2017 Kamado Joe Big Joe. [/URL]
Baby Back Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2019, 11:05 PM   #2
Happy Hapgood
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mike

Another great vid Justin. From the vid, would recommend you check out Oak Ridge Farms and Simply Marvelous rubs. Brethren Approved and both are sponsors here. Both can take BBQ to a whole new level!
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 09-13-2019, 03:14 AM   #3
BKING!
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Brent

Yep I got cow cover at home. Out of all of his rubs I believe I like his cow cover and killer honey bee the most. It’s good stuff. It is a bit salty though but as you mentioned it’s mainly a beef rub

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-13-2019, 04:56 AM   #4
ruger35
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Nope

I use the Honey Chipotle rub Kosmo has on french fries. Get requests for them all the time!

Old 09-13-2019, 07:25 AM   #5
chingador
is One Chatty Farker

I just got a bottle of cow cover the other day. I used it on a typical grocery store steak. I love the flavor and color. Overall, a very good rub.

Rec Tec 590 Stampede, Primo Oval XL, Weber 26" Kettle with Gabby Grills Santa Maria attachment. Lonestargrillz 42" pellet grill on order.
chingador is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2019, 08:53 AM   #6
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hapgood View Post
Another great vid Justin. From the vid, would recommend you check out Oak Ridge Farms and Simply Marvelous rubs. Brethren Approved and both are sponsors here. Both can take BBQ to a whole new level!
Yes, there was actually a clip I took where I mentioned Simply Marvelous as sone of my favorite AP rubs but I realized after I shot it it was off topic. I love his stuff though.

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_xxVThreVc"] Brisket Throwdown: Weber Summit Charcoal Grill vs 2017 Kamado Joe Big Joe. [/URL]

Old 09-13-2019, 08:54 AM   #7
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKING! View Post
Yep I got cow cover at home. Out of all of his rubs I believe I like his cow cover and killer honey bee the most. It’s good stuff. It is a bit salty though but as you mentioned it’s mainly a beef rub
I totally agree.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:54 AM   #8
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingador View Post
I just got a bottle of cow cover the other day. I used it on a typical grocery store steak. I love the flavor and color. Overall, a very good rub.
Yeah, Kosmo really has his "ship" together. lol

Old 09-13-2019, 09:00 AM   #9
mcyork28
Babbling Farker

The Walkerswood Jerk seasoning is great. I let some chicken thighs sit in the hot and spicy overnight a few weeks ago. I thought it was great but it was way to hot for the wife and kids. Might try to mix the hot and mild together next time.
Weber Kettle
Weber Genesis
Weber Smokey Joe

Passed on to a new home
Tejas 2040 Deluxe
Humphrey's Long Weekender
mcyork28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2019, 10:17 AM   #10
smoke ninja
somebody shut me the fark up.

oakridge is top notch but doesnt cater to Amazon. if you order direct from them your rub will be made fresh.

Old 09-13-2019, 01:41 PM   #11
Monte Cristo
is one Smokin' Farker

My absolute favorite rub right now is the honey killer bee....and because of a previous video of yours, my #1 BBQ sauce that I use almost daily is the Ole Hickory Pitts apple Q. Stuff is incredible.

Old 09-13-2019, 02:45 PM   #12
Bacchus2b
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Back Maniac View Post
So they other day I had a random thought and googled "What is the top selling item on Amazon" and in the process discovered amazon has a daily updated list of best selling items in each category.

To my delight, there was a list of best selling bbq rubs so I thought I'd buy the top 5 and compare them.

So we have AP by Killer Hogs, KosmoQ, Bad Byron, Special Sheet, and a couple others.

The rules were they had to be appropriate for ribs in either the name or the Amazon ad. (I explain this in the video). It was fun. Hope you guys enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/4eGYSUhPs1U
I'm personally responsible for Killer Hog's AP being in the top 5 and I'm embarrassed to say how many bottles I've bought! Originally used for SCA Comps, but I really like it as a dry rub on ribs, and as a first layer or base coat.
Cookshack FEC-100
Weber Summit 420 Gasser
Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber 26" Kettle
PK Classic Grill

Last edited by Bacchus2b; 09-13-2019 at 02:54 PM..
Bacchus2b is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2019, 02:14 PM   #13
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke ninja View Post
oakridge is top notch but doesnt cater to Amazon. if you order direct from them your rub will be made fresh.
I've only had their black ops but I really liked it.

Old 09-14-2019, 02:16 PM   #14
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus2b View Post
I'm personally responsible for Killer Hog's AP being in the top 5 and I'm embarrassed to say how many bottles I've bought! Originally used for SCA Comps, but I really like it as a dry rub on ribs, and as a first layer or base coat.
Lol I think I'm keeping canon camera equipment on a best seller list somewhere...doesn't taste great on ribs though.

Old 09-14-2019, 02:17 PM   #15
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Cristo View Post
My absolute favorite rub right now is the honey killer bee....and because of a previous video of yours, my #1 BBQ sauce that I use almost daily is the Ole Hickory Pitts apple Q. Stuff is incredible.
That's my favorite too. My wife thinks it's too sweet. I get that, but I also think she's totally wrong. (don't tell her I said that.)