wood pellet or lump charcoal and wood chunks?

aswoboda

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
hey guys, im about to start a long thread i think but i wanna know, Do most of you guys use wood pellet smokers or the lump charcoal with wood chunks? Im currently using a country smoker and love it but i see an upgrade coming soon and im curious what all you guys have to say which u think is better and why? Thanks again fellas

We have folks here who cook with pellets, charcoal, sticks, gas, and electric cookers.
Probably a few fuel sources I missed :rolleyes:

Just cook on what you want--not on some popularity contest result.

It's all good!!!!

TIM

I like electric smokers cuz there is no aftertaste if you end up over smoking or using a bad batch of charcoal. But i also love my weber kettle with rotisserie mod and UDS. I like to use lump and wood chunks. Never used a pellet cooker or a stick burner.

aswaboda...............................;}-

As Kaptn said, do what suits YOU!
I am a Stickburner and swear by the flavor. I can adjust the intensity of the smoke with the types of wood I use and (having my smoker plated) can channel the smoke under the meat if I wish.
However, I find that the "strong" taste of smoke is not as pronounced if I watch my fire closely and keep a good light blue color.JMHO:becky:

A lot of guys swear by pellets, and I do think they work very well. I've said it before, what happens when you run out of pellets and have to wait 4 days to have them shipped?

I like charcoal made easy like a stump of others like it, but you can't beat a stick burner if you have a wood supply.

Whatever works for you.

Back