KCBS Board Nominations end Oct. 1st (merged)

Merl

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Nominations open for KCBS BOD

Nomination for the Board of Directors
Begins August 1st and Closes October 1st

Nominations for the KCBS Board of Directors begins August 1st, 2006 and closes on the 1st day of October, 2006. All members of KCBS in good standing are eligible for candidacy. Any member may be nominated by another member or by self nomination. Please include information regarding qualifications and experiences which make the candidate proper to serve the organization, with an emphasis on the skills sets which set this candidate out from others for service as a member of the KCBS Board should be included.

More information is posted on the KCBS website.

Merl Whitebook
KCBS Member of the Board
Nominations Committee Chair
***mwhitebook@kcbs.us***
(delete all ***)

http//kcbs.us/

Kansas City Barbeque Society Solicits
Board Nominations
for the 2007 Election

In 2006 the membership of KCBS nominated and elected four new members to the Board of Directors. Our membership elected four excellent members to our Board. All members of the Board have been required to work hard for KCBS, as these are exciting times for KCBS and the Board. Again this year, our members are asked to nominate and elect the four positions available on this years ballots to serve a three year term.

Do you know a person with the skills to meet the challenge. Experience in Non-Profit Boards, a passion to volunteer. We need great candidates.
For more information go to KCBS Web site.

Your in BBQ
Merl Whitebook
Nominating Committee
mwhitebook at kcbs.us

Merl said:
Do you know a person with the skills to meet the challenge. Experience in Non-Profit Boards, a passion to volunteer. We need great candidates.

Yes Merl, Linda Mullane... and she has been nominated.

The_Kapn said:
PooBah--you thinking??????

Just had to ask :redface:

TIM

I was wondering that myself back when I first read the original posting.

yeah, i been thinkin about it..and was going to look into it..

But, depending on how many spots there are, i can wind up being a spoiler to Linda and getting votes that would otherwise go to her. I'm more interested in getting someone in from the Northeast and she would be great. If there are multiple positions, id be interested, but I'm not sure how many positions there are this year.. anyone know?

Per the KCBS website there are four positions open....

You should go for it again ... I don't think it would impede on Linda at all with four spots... You had over 400 votes last year with a late entry and just missed getting in...

Want one of us to nominate you ?

BBQchef33 said:
yeah, i been thinkin about it..and was going to look into it..

But, depending on how many spots there are, i can wind up being a spoiler to Linda and getting votes that would otherwise go to her. I'm more interested in getting someone in from the Northeast and she would be great. If there are multiple positions, id be interested, but I'm not sure how many positions there are this year.. anyone know?

Phil,
There are four positions open. Every KCBS member in good standing will be able to vote for FOUR candidates.
Therefore, your candidancy does not directly effect any other person.

There are two articles on the KCBS Web site about the elections which give additional important election information.

E-mail or call me if you have additional questions.
Yours in BBQ
Merl Whitebook
Nominations Chairman
mwhitebook@kcbs.us

Back