MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #16
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredbird
Sounds like things are going great! Good luck!
I don't know whether to **** or go blind! I'm making a little money but I'm too small and undercaptalized to "go bigger" - but, hope springs eternal.

It looks like I may have another gig with these folks the end of January - a bunch of Israeli and Guatemalan business associates. I don't have the details yet - number, menu, etc.

I sure wish I had a mobile kitchen rig for this stuff...maybe I'll hit the Lotto!!

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair

KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker (RIP), WSM (RIP), Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill (RIP), Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill (RIP), Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker (new heating element),
Pit Boss Tailgater pellet pooper.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2007, 07:53 PM   #17
Jeff_in_KC

Congrats, Dave! Keep dreaming and catering! You'll get what you want soon!
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2007, 07:55 PM   #18
big brother smoke

"I sure wish I had a mobile kitchen rig for this stuff...maybe I'll hit the Lotto!! "

You will if the request keep coming to you. Best to you Dave!

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous BBQ - "Walk with Us"

My weapons: Humphrey's Smokers
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 07:56 AM   #19
Trout_man22
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad

I feel like I just stepped into Alice's rabbit hole!
Too many mushrooms?

"
God either exists or He doesn't.... I believe in God." Blaise Pascal
I'm a sinner, I regret my sin and will try to never do it again.
Trout_man22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 08:11 AM   #20
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Dave..

did he say he wants YOU to cook lamb? Does that mean ya have to go find those holes in the yard?

:)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 08:14 AM   #21
chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33
Dave..

did he say he wants YOU to cook lamb? Does that mean ya have to go find those holes in the yard?

:)
Yep! Actually, I cook pretty good lamb - I just can't stand to eat it!

KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker (RIP), WSM (RIP), Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill (RIP), Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill (RIP), Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker (new heating element),

Old 01-12-2007, 08:58 AM   #22
Roo-B-Q'N
is One Chatty Farker

Nothing wrong with starting small and growing into it Dave. Keep up the good work!

Maybe print some "business cards" with a refferal offer on the back. Can't hurt to ask for refferals every now and then. That is the way to true lotto.
Large Spicewine, Backwoods Smoker (Party), WSM, Oklahoma Joe's Offset, Wood Fired Oven
Roo-B-Q'N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 10:04 AM   #23
chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo-B-Q'N
Nothing wrong with starting small and growing into it Dave. Keep up the good work!

Maybe print some "business cards" with a refferal offer on the back. Can't hurt to ask for refferals every now and then. That is the way to true lotto.
Small is the only option I have at this time! If this stuff keeps up I've got to get a trailer, actually a certified mobile kitchen, and move to a pair of FEC100s or an FEC500 along with a warmer (Alto-Shamm or perhaps a Cookshack electric unit). My stick burner is getting the job done, but I need some sleep - I have a full-time job and cooking with wood until midnight or so just ain't cutting it.

I've GOT to get some Cambro modules, too. The coolers just aren't cutting it when I'm soloing on these gigs.

I'm definately starting to look at capital investment issues.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:58 AM   #24
parrothead

Sounds great! Hope the ball keeps rolling.

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 12:24 PM   #25
Bigmista

Keep working things are a lot easier to figure out with a full bank account!

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 02:08 PM   #26
PigBoy
Full Fledged Farker

Good to hear things are working for you! IT IS WORK! I feel your pain when you talk about keeping your day job and taking on another vocation. We started out pretty slow, doing mostly family and charity events. We collected equipment as we went. the cambros were a real good investment. Their expensive, but will last a lifetime. Next came chafing dishes and microfiber tablecloths. The BBQ trailer we bought in April had a Traeger 200 in it, and what a blessing! Now we can take gigs up to 500. I guess its hard deciding when to spend money to make money, if I needed it to do the job,I tried to buy it. You don't get a second chance to make a first impression.

Pork Pullin Plowboys
www.plowboysbbq.com
www.hinckfarms.com

Traeger 200, Kingfisher Commercial, Bandera, Weber Kettle
PigBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 02:12 PM   #27
big brother smoke

Thought I would post this site since we are talking about equipment. You can go directly to food warmers Cambro/Carlisle here.